This document contains the release notes for ZABBIX version 1.1beta11. The following sections describe the release in detail and provide late-breaking or other information that supplements the main documentation.
The release fixes several critical and many other issues.
- fixed PostgreSQL schema (but no full support of PostgreSQL yet)
- fixed items grouping in Data overview screen
- fixed image handling for Oracle
- fixed graph duplication
- fixed first host selection from list of accessed hosts
- fixed evaluation of action's conditions
- fixed agent.ping in Windows agent
- fixed displaying of graphs for periods more than 24h
- several Oracle related fixes
- Other fixes.
We are looking forward to release ZABBIX 1.1 by 1st of June, 2006. Stay tuned!
Please use ZABBIX Forums to inform ZABBIX Development Team about any issues found in the beta.
See the Installation Guide http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.1/install.php for full details.
In order to upgrade from previous release, no execution of database patches required. See Upgrade Guide http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.1/config_upgrading.php for full details on upgrade procedure.
ZABBIX Server has been compiled and tested on the following platforms:
- Ubuntu Linux, AMD64, kernel 2.6.11, MySQL 4.x
- RedHat AS2 Linux, Intel, kernel 2.4.x, Oracle 18.104.22.168
ZABBIX Agents have been compiled and tested on the following platforms:
- AIX 5.2
- FreeBSD 4.11, 5.4
- HP-UX 11.00
- Linux 2.6.11 (Ubuntu)
- NetBSD 2.0
- OS/X 10.2
- Solaris 5.9
- Tru64 5.1B
Note that agents are available pre-compiled from http://www.zabbix.com/download.php. The agents are compatible with ZABBIX v1.0 and all releases in 1.1 series.
ZABBIX 1.1beta11 is BETA software, therefore we cannot recommend it for immediate use in production. Although tested throughout our release cycle, this release introduces many changes and does not have the benefit of use in production environments that ZABBIX v1.0 has and therefore should be treated with the same level of caution as a new product.