This document contains the release notes for ZABBIX version 1.1beta12. The following sections describe the release in detail and provide late-breaking or other information that supplements the main documentation.
The release fixes several critical and many other issues.
Added support of direct SMS sending using serial GSM modems connected directly to ZABBIX server.
The type will accept text of any length. It can be used for getting complete output of shell commands like top, df, etc.
New checks web.page.regexp, web.page.perf and web.page.get have been introduced.
New check system.run[<command>,wait|nowait] allows execution of user defined commands configured on ZABBIX server side.
- fixed "Server info" screen item
- fixed "Host info" screen item
- fixed "Trigger info" screen item
- dropped suport of delays between actions due to bad design
- fixed incorrect handling of actions
- fixed bad performance of previous beta because of wrong DBselectN()
- fixed syncing of graphs with templates
- fixed typo in MySQL's schema.sql
- fixed applying of actions having Trigger Value in condition
- fixed evaluation of aggregate functions
- Other fixes.
We are looking forward to release ZABBIX 1.1 by 2nd of June, 2006. Stay tuned!
Please use ZABBIX Forums to inform ZABBIX Development Team about any issues found in the beta.
See the Installation Guide http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.1/install.php for full details.
In order to upgrade from previous release, no execution of database patches required. See Upgrade Guide http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.1/config_upgrading.php for full details on upgrade procedure.
ZABBIX Server has been compiled and tested on the following platforms:
- Ubuntu Linux, AMD64, kernel 2.6.11, MySQL 4.x
- RedHat AS2 Linux, Intel, kernel 2.4.x, Oracle 22.214.171.124
ZABBIX Agents have been compiled and tested on the following platforms:
- AIX 5.2
- FreeBSD 4.11, 5.4
- HP-UX 11.00
- Linux 2.6.11 (Ubuntu)
- NetBSD 2.0
- OS/X 10.2
- Solaris 5.9
- Tru64 5.1B
Note that agents are available pre-compiled from http://www.zabbix.com/download.php. The agents are compatible with ZABBIX v1.0 and all releases in 1.1 series.
ZABBIX 1.1beta12 is BETA software, therefore we cannot recommend it for immediate use in production. Although tested throughout our release cycle, this release introduces many changes and does not have the benefit of use in production environments that ZABBIX v1.0 has and therefore should be treated with the same level of caution as a new product.