This document contains the release notes for ZABBIX version 1.1beta6. The following sections describe the release in detail and provide late-breaking or other information that supplements the main documentation.
Look and feel and security of the ZABBIX frontend has been significantly improved. The frontend has better user forms and ability to select/deselect all table elements.
Location of labels is configurable.
Previously ZABBIX considered a host as not supported if more than 3 network errors occured. Now it will change status of a host to not supported if and only if a host was unavailable for configurable (default is 20 seconds) number of seconds. New server parameter has been introduced: UnavailablePeriod.
The release introduce better handling of signals and improved shutdown sequence for ZABBIX server.
Now it accepts new parameter 'comm'.
Logseverity() will return severity of most recent log entry. Logsource() returns source of event. Windows only.
The macro is expanded to a key of the first trigger item.
- Fixed processing of item's multiplier.
- Fixed compilation issues of SNMP support.
- Fixed warning when deleting a trigger.
- Fixed two different units in two graph axes.
- Fixed crash in processing of autoregistration.
- Minor fix for schema of table 'rights'.
- Fixed processing of SNMP Counter32 metric.
- Fixed synchronisation of template graphs when using a template.
- Overview screen will not show disabled items.
- Renamed renamed latestalarms.php and alerts.php.
- Other fixes.
Feature freeze will be announced after release of ZABBIX 1.1beta7. Going to ZABBIX 1.1...
Last call before feature freeze! Please use ZABBIX Forums to inform ZABBIX Development Team about any issues found in the recent betas. Also let us know if you want some missing feature to be implemented.
See the Installation Guide http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.1/install.php for full details.
In order to upgrade from previous release, execution of database patches required. See Upgrade Guide http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.1/config_upgrading.php for full details on upgrade procedure.
ZABBIX Server has been compiled and tested on the following platforms: Ubuntu Linux, AMD64, kernel 2.6.11
ZABBIX Agents have been compiled and tested on the following platforms:
- AIX 5.2
- FreeBSD 4.11, 5.4
- HP-UX 11.00
- Linux 2.6.11 (Ubuntu)
- NetBSD 2.0
- OS/X 10.2
- Solaris 5.9
- Tru64 5.1B
Note that agents are available pre-compiled from www.zabbix.com/download.php. The agents are compatible with ZABBIX v1.0 and all releases in 1.1 series.
ZABBIX 1.1beta6 is BETA software, therefore we cannot recommend it for immediate use in production. Although tested throughout our release cycle, this release introduces many changes and does not have the benefit of use in production environments that ZABBIX v1.0 has and therefore should be treated with the same level of caution as a new product.
- ZABBIX v1.1 Manual http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.1/index.php
- ZABBIX Forums (http://www.zabbix.com/forum)
- ZABBIX Support (http://www.zabbix.com/support.php)