ZABBIX SIA is proud to announce the availability of ZABBIX 1.3.5.
ZABBIX is an enterprise-class open source distributed monitoring solution.
ZABBIX is released under the GPL, thus it is free of charge for both commercial and non-commercial use. The full license is available at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.txt.
This document contains the release notes for ZABBIX 1.3.5. The release supports MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite only. Support of Oracle will be restored in later releases.
ZABBIX 1.3.x is currently in a feature freeze. We take the feature freeze seriously and mainly work on fixing actual bugs with few exceptions (auto-discovery, escalations).
Do not use this release in production! It is for beta testing only.
The following sections describe the release in detail and provide late-breaking or other information that supplements the main documentation.
Some actions based on event from discovery are implemented, yet most critical ones (link to template) are not implemented yet. Also SNMP and ZABBIX agent auto-discovery will be implemented soon.
Several screens can be grouped in a slideshow. Nice!
- removed support of autoregistration, use autodiscovery instead
- fixed creation of Sqlite schema
- fixed dependences of deleted elements for actions
- fixed loop in frontend installation screen
- fixed processing of COUNTER64 SNMP values
- added frontend-side support of external checks
- fixed trigger dependencies for templated triggers
- fixed support of 'curl' library
- added suport of 'automake' v1.6
- fixed oracle support
- added support of MySQL v3.23
- fixed unnecessary check of MySQL if other database is selected in Wizard
- fixed remembering of previous charts viewed
- fixed color validation
- fixed template graphs editing
- fixed trigger overview status
- ZABBIX won't start HTTP poller if libcurl is not included
- fixed function diff for integer items
- fixed SMS sender
- improved ZABBIX sender
- added filering of log items by regexp on agentside
- removed check of function bcpowmod() in GUI Wizard
- updated poller to have current system date
- removed unnecessary dependencies fron autoconf script
- added generation of service up/down events
- fixed '--with-ldap' compilation
- added popup menu for quick hosts controlling in configuration screen
- other improvements and bug fixes
See the Installation Guide http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.4/install.php for full details. See http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.4/install_source_web.php for information about Installation Wizard.
Upgrade script for MySQL and PostgreSQL are provided. Please do not upgrade production systems! The release may or may not work on your system. It has been tested on a very limited number of systems.
ZABBIX Server has been compiled and tested on the following platforms:
- Ubuntu Linux, AMD64, kernel 2.6.11, MySQL 4.x
- Ubuntu Linux, Intel, kernel 2.6.15, MySQL 5.0.22
ZABBIX Agents have been compiled and tested on the following platforms:
- Linux 2.6.11 (Ubuntu)
- Windows XP
- Windows XP 64bit
Note that agents are available pre-compiled from http://www.zabbix.com/download.php for a limited number of versions and platforms.
ZABBIX Company provides full range of professional services. Please contact our sales department for pricing and more details.
- ZABBIX v1.1 Manual http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.1/index.php
- ZABBIX v1.3 (beta) Manual http://www.zabbix.com/downloads/ZABBIX Manual v1.4.pdf
- ZABBIX Forums (http://www.zabbix.com/forum)
- ZABBIX Support (http://www.zabbix.com/support.php)