ZABBIX SIA is proud to announce the availability of ZABBIX 1.3.6.
ZABBIX is an enterprise-class open source distributed monitoring solution.
ZABBIX is released under the GPL, thus it is free of charge for both commercial and non-commercial use. The full license is available at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.txt.
This document contains the release notes for ZABBIX 1.3.6. The release supports MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite only. Support of Oracle will be restored in the next release.
ZABBIX 1.3.x is currently in a feature freeze. We take the feature freeze seriously and mainly work on fixing actual bugs with few exceptions (escalations). ZABBIX 1.4 is just around the corner!
Do not use this release in production! It is for beta testing only.
The following sections describe the release in detail and provide late-breaking or other information that supplements the main documentation.
- added export of applications and linkage of value maps
- new default templates
- support of host template actions
- support of actions: linkt to template, unlink, remove host
- fixed compilation of agent under OpenBSD
- support of parameter LogFileSize for server and agent
- fixed configuration file processing for WinXX
- fixed system.uname for WinXX
- updated Spanish translation
- misc fixes for static build
- more strict processing of response codes of all passive checks
- new logic for poller for unreachable hosts
- fixed fatal error in cbutton.inc.php for some platforms
- fixed zabbix_server's option -V
- fixed compilation under Solaris
- added discovery based on data received from ZABBIX and SNMP agents
- other improvements and bug fixes
See the Installation Guide http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.4/install.php for full details. See http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.4/install_source_web.php for information about Installation Wizard.
Upgrade script for MySQL and PostgreSQL are provided. Please do not upgrade production systems! The release may or may not work on your system. It has been tested on a very limited number of systems.
ZABBIX Server has been compiled and tested on the following platforms:
- Ubuntu Linux, AMD64, kernel 2.6.11, MySQL 4.x
- Ubuntu Linux, Intel, kernel 2.6.15, MySQL 5.0.22
ZABBIX Agents have been compiled and tested on the following platforms:
- Linux 2.6.11 (Ubuntu)
- Windows XP
- Windows XP 64bit
Note that agents are available pre-compiled from http://www.zabbix.com/download.php for a limited number of versions and platforms.
ZABBIX Company provides full range of professional services. Please contact our sales department for pricing and more details.
- ZABBIX v1.1 Manual http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.1/index.php
- ZABBIX v1.3 (beta) Manual http://www.zabbix.com/downloads/ZABBIX Manual v1.4.pdf
- ZABBIX Forums (http://www.zabbix.com/forum)
- ZABBIX Support (http://www.zabbix.com/support.php)