ZABBIX SIA is proud to announce the availability of ZABBIX 1.3.8.
ZABBIX is an enterprise-class open source distributed monitoring solution.
ZABBIX is released under the GPL, thus it is free of charge for both commercial and non-commercial use. The full license is available at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.txt.
This document contains the release notes for ZABBIX 1.3.8. The release supports MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite only.
ZABBIX 1.3.x is currently in a feature freeze. We take the feature freeze seriously and mainly work on fixing actual bugs.
We are releasing ZABBIX 1.4 in May!
Do not use this release in production! It is for beta testing only.
The following sections describe the release in detail and provide late-breaking or other information that supplements the main documentation.
- revision R6 of ZABBIX Manual
- increased server side key length up to 255
- fixed active check communication
- fixed eventlog
- same step color for both graphs in Monitoring->WEB
- support of more flexible trigger function count(period,value)
- improved WEB monitoring
- changed type of httptest.lastfailedstep to integer
- added check for a list of status codes for WEB monitoring
- added acknowledge management for overview screen
- added default groups for users 'guest' and 'Admin'
- added http status code configuration for web monitoring
- new column httpstep.status_codes
- set DENY permission as default for ZABBIX users
- fixed Error in "Cancel" after ack of a trigger
- fixed index.php looping on db connection fail
- button "Update" renamed to "Refresh" in data export
- fixed translation behavior for housekeeper configurations
- fixed time movement for history data
- symbols ')(!' allowed for item keys
- improved management of triggers
- other improvements and bug fixes
See the Installation Guide http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.4/install.php for full details. See http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.4/install_source_web.php for information about Installation Wizard.
See ZABBIX Manual for upgrade instructions. Please do not upgrade production systems! The release may or may not work on your system. It has been tested on a very limited number of systems.
ZABBIX Server has been compiled and tested on the following platforms:
- Ubuntu Linux, AMD64, kernel 2.6.11, MySQL 4.x
- Ubuntu Linux, Intel, kernel 2.6.15, MySQL 5.0.22
ZABBIX Agents have been compiled and tested on the following platforms:
- Linux 2.6.11 (Ubuntu)
- Windows XP
- Windows XP 64bit
Note that agents are available pre-compiled from http://www.zabbix.com/download.php for a limited number of versions and platforms.
ZABBIX Company provides full range of professional services. Please contact our sales department for pricing and more details.
- ZABBIX v1.1 Manual http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.1/index.php
- ZABBIX v1.3 (beta) Manual http://www.zabbix.com/downloads/ZABBIX Manual v1.4.pdf
- ZABBIX Forums (http://www.zabbix.com/forum)
- ZABBIX Support (http://www.zabbix.com/support.php)