ZABBIX SIA is proud to announce the availability of ZABBIX 1.5.2, the third release in a series of pre-1.6 betas.
ZABBIX is an enterprise-class open source distributed monitoring solution. ZABBIX is released under the GPL, thus it is free of charge for both commercial and non-commercial use. A complete text of the license is available at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.txt.
This document contains release notes for ZABBIX 1.5.2.
Do not use this release in production! It is for early beta testing only.
The following sections describe the release in detail and provide late-breaking or other information that supplements its main documentation.
The following functionality is introduced in this release and will be available in stable ZABBIX 1.6.
- added protection against brute force login attack
- added standart sorting to screens
- added more flexibility to scripts
- fixed problem with node syncing
- added Ldap authentication
- added support network and disk stats under OpenBSD
- added required server performance info to Status of ZABBIX
- added time filter in "Availability report"
- added automatic selection first group and host in WEB monitoring
- added support of DisablePassive parameter for agent
- improved support of numeric performance counters for Windows agents
- other bug fixes and minor improvements
The following functionality is introduced in 1.5.x releases and will be available in stable ZABBIX 1.6.
All ZABBIX modules support IPv6.
ZABBIX distributed monitoring has been improved for a more efficient Node synchronisation protocol. See also details on ZABBIX Proxy.
ZABBIX proxy is a lightweight process, which performs data collection on behalf of ZABBIX Server. The proxies can be used to create distributed centralised monitoring of remote locations all reporting to a central server or one of ZABBIX nodes.
ZABBIX Proxy significantly simplifies deployment and maintenances of large ZABBIX setups in a distributed environment.
The Dashboard provides high level personalized details about monitored environment. Now this is a central part of ZABBIX front-end.
A screen element can be made dynamic. In this case, information displayed in the element will depend on a host selected by user.
Zoom period can be selected by mouse for drill-down analysis.
Database cache module can be enabled to improve performance of busy ZABBIX servers.
Pie charts (both 2D and 3D) are supported.
Traceroute and Ping can be executed from the Status of Triggers screen. More scripts can be added and configured. The scripts are executed on a local ZABBIX server or one of ZABBIX nodes.
ZABBIX Agent supports data buffering, which can be tuned by new configuration parameters, BufferSize and BufferSend. Communication protocol has been improved to support sending of multiple values by one TCP connection.
ZABBIX Sender has been improved to support sending of multiple values by one TCP connection.
The screen will display information about triggers and associated events.
A new syntax can be used to monitor SNMP data with a dynamic index. See SNMP section for more details.
Simple SNMP OIDs, like ifDescr, ifInOctets, ifInOctets, and other can be used in ZABBIX and will be translated automatically into correct numeric representation by ZABBIX itself.
Any screen can be printed in a nice way by pressing the Print link.
Whole user group can be configured not to have access to ZABBIX front-end.
ZABBIX front-end is UTF-8 ready. Note that ZABBIX database and ZABBIX server and agent processes are still not ready for correct processing of UTF-8 data.
The screen can be used to add new translations of ZABBIX front-end.
ZABBIX Maintenance mode can be activated to disable ZABBIX front-end.
Any number of triggers can be linked to map link. The triggers will define how the link is displayed.
ZABBIX could retrieve data directly from an external database by executing a SQL request.
- Queue moved into Administration
- Link to Maps, Screens and Graphs moved to the Dashboard
- Option to remember user authorisation
- More efficient communication protocol
- Support of themes for ZABBIX front-end
- User 'guest' can be disabled
- Disabling group of users
- Database down screen
- Duplicated Login removed
- Added sorting for all screens
- Added support of zabbix[proxy,<proxyname>,lastaccess]
- Screen actions moved to Audit, added filter for Audit
- Added autodiscovery by ICMP pings
- Improved icmpping* processing. added "-c3" to fping
- Improved "Events" screen, added "Event Details" screen
- Added transaction functionality to frontend
- Added support of update interval in icmpping* simpe checks
- Increased default max number of log file lines sent per second to 100
- Numerous bug fixes and minor improvements
- Escalation module
- Backup/restore of configuration data
See ZABBIX Manual for full details.
See ZABBIX Manual for a detailed upgrade procedure.
ZABBIX Server has been tested on the following platforms:
- Ubuntu Linux, AMD64, kernel 2.6.11, MySQL 4.x
- Ubuntu Linux, Intel, kernel 2.6.15, MySQL 5.0.22
ZABBIX Agents have been compiled and tested on the following platforms:
- AIX 5.2
- FreeBSD 4.11, 5.4
- HP-UX 11.00
- Linux 2.6.11 (Ubuntu)
- Linux 2.6.15 (Ubuntu)
- Linux CentOS
- NetBSD 2.0
- OS/X 10.2
- Solaris 10
- Tru64 5.1B
- Windows XP
ZABBIX Company provides a full range of professional services. Please contact our sales department for pricing and more details.