ZABBIX SIA is proud to announce the availability of ZABBIX 1.6.4.
ZABBIX is an enterprise-class open source distributed monitoring solution. ZABBIX is released under the GPL, thus it is free of charge for both commercial and non-commercial use. A complete text of the license is available at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.txt.
It is highly recommended to upgrade from 1.6, 1.6.1, 1.6.2 and 1.6.3.
This document contains the release notes for ZABBIX 1.6.4.
The following sections describe the release in details and provide late-breaking or other information that supplements its main documentation.
It is recommended to create the following indexes in order to speed up performance of ZABBIX front-end as well as server side (ignore it if the indexes already exist):
CREATE UNIQUE INDEX history_log_2 on history_log (itemid,id);
CREATE UNIQUE INDEX history_text_2 on history_text (itemid,id);
CREATE INDEX graphs_items_2 on graphs_items (graphid);
It is quite important fix to be mentioned as a new feature here. Now quoted numeric SNMP data can be automatically processed.
- [ZBX-845] fixed calculation of delayed items for non-local nodes in Queue screen
- [ZBX-842] fixed duplicate triggers in "Last 20 issues" in dashboard
- [DEV-323] removed master nodes from dropdown
- [ZBX-837] removed sid from Zabbix logo link
- [ZBX-589] fixed processing of quoted floating point values
- [ZBX-836] fixed probem with permissions of proxy shared memory
- [ZBX-833] fixed link from maps element to trigger status page
- [ZBX-831] DM: fixed synchronization of trends data
- [DEV-137] DM: improved performance of historical data synchronization
- [ZBX-827] fixed possible bug in actions hints
- [ZBX-826] fixed problem displaying disabled web checks
- [ZBX-825] fixed problem with changing item status in configuration web and items screens
- [ZBX-822] fixed dashboard when logged in as guest
- [ZBX-763] fixed warning message displayed at the bottom when saving graphs without items
- [ZBX-821] fixed dashboard context menu "Latest data" does not show required host
- [ZBX-819] Error in import script
- [ZBX-818] In configuration->items, if selected Host All, items hosts are shown in table
See ZABBIX Manual for full details.
Recompile ZABBIX binaries and update front-end PHP files, no database patching needed. See ZABBIX Manual for a detailed upgrade procedure. No upgrade of agents required, yet recommended.
ZABBIX Server has been tested on the following platforms:
- Ubuntu Linux, AMD64, kernel 2.6.11, MySQL 4.x
- Ubuntu Linux, Intel, kernel 2.6.15, MySQL 5.0.22
ZABBIX Agents have been compiled and tested on the following platforms:
- AIX 5.2
- FreeBSD 4.x, 5.x, 6.x
- HP-UX 10.x, 11.x
- Linux 2.4.x, 2.6.x
- Linux CentOS
- NetBSD 2.0
- OS/X 10.2
- Solaris 8, 9, 10
- Tru64 5.1B
- Windows XP, 2000, 2003, 2008, Vista
Note that agents are available pre-compiled from http://www.zabbix.com/download.php for a limited number of versions and platforms.
ZABBIX Company provides a full range of professional services. Please contact our sales department for pricing and more details.