Riga, 7 December 2009
ZABBIX SIA is proud to announce the availability of ZABBIX 1.6.8.
ZABBIX is an enterprise-class open source distributed monitoring solution. ZABBIX is released under the GPL, thus it is free of charge for both commercial and non-commercial use. A complete text of the license is available at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.txt.
It is recommended to upgrade from previous releases of 1.6.x.
This document contains the release notes for ZABBIX 1.6.8.
The following sections describe the release in details and provide late-breaking or other information that supplements its main documentation.
It is recommended to create the following indexes in order to speed up performance of ZABBIX front-end as well as server side (ignore it if the indexes already exist):
CREATE UNIQUE INDEX history_log_2 on history_log (itemid,id);
CREATE UNIQUE INDEX history_text_2 on history_text (itemid,id);
CREATE INDEX graphs_items_1 on graphs_items (itemid);
CREATE INDEX graphs_items_2 on graphs_items (graphid);
CREATE INDEX services_1 on services (triggerid);
No new major features were introduced in this release.
- [ZBX-1408] fixed adding images for postgresql
- [ZBX-3] remove a comment saying syslog is used until it works
- [ZBX-1184] fixed support of more than 10 CPU's for system.cpu.util under Linux
- [ZBX-1365] fixed housekeeper to process trends_uint table
- [ZBX-1384] fixed memory leak in processing ldap checks
- [ZBX-1355] fixed possible server crash when receiving invalid data. Thanks to Nicob
- [ZBX-1031] added more security checks for communication between nodes. Thanks to Nicob
- [ZBX-1309] fixed input file processing by zabbix_sender (-i option)
- [ZBX-1284] fixed server crash if using zabbix[queue] check without dbcache
- [ZBX-1276] fixed import template as template if status tag is after groups tag in xml
- [ZBX-1150] added refreshing of not supported performance counters
See ZABBIX Manual for full details.
Recompile ZABBIX binaries and update front-end PHP files, no database patching needed. See ZABBIX Manual for a detailed upgrade procedure. No upgrade of agents required, yet recommended.
ZABBIX Server has been tested on the following platforms:
- Ubuntu Linux, AMD64, kernel 2.6.11, MySQL 4.x
- Ubuntu Linux, Intel, kernel 2.6.15, MySQL 5.0.22
ZABBIX Agents have been compiled and tested on the following platforms:
- AIX 5.2
- FreeBSD 4.x, 5.x, 6.x
- HP-UX 10.x, 11.x
- Linux 2.4.x, 2.6.x
- Linux CentOS
- NetBSD 2.0
- OS/X 10.2
- Solaris 8, 9, 10
- Tru64 5.1B
- Windows XP, 2000, 2003, 2008, Vista
Note that agents are available pre-compiled from http://www.zabbix.com/download.php for a limited number of versions and platforms.
ZABBIX Company provides a full range of professional services. Please contact our sales department for pricing and more details.