the log of the child node should have entries like:
5517:20120228:092218.376 NODE 1: Sending events of node 1 to node 999 datalen 510018
If this entry is followed by a
5517:20120228:092218.843 NOT OK
then event sync is not working anymore.
I posted this problem in already in 2009 (http://www.zabbix.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14292
) but unfortunately never got an answer. But I found several other posts from people having similar problems.
So after years I tried to set up DM again and as it is still not working in my environment I tried to investigate the reason and thanks to DEBUG LEVEL 4 I hope I found it: There is simply the trigger missing for the event and then the whole process fails. You can investigate have an erroneous entry in executing the following query:
SELECT * FROM events LEFT JOIN triggers ON events.objectid = triggers.triggerid WHERE (((events.source)=0) AND ((events.object)=0) AND ((triggers.triggerid) Is Null));
You can delete the entry in the events table and replication will work.
I enclosed the debug log. Perhaps anybody can fix this long lasting bug!