ZABBIX Forums  
Old 28-04-2012, 14:59

Default VIEW ICONS OR ELEMENTS Zabbix 1.8.11

Hello. I am new to Zabbix but as an Administrator have been given responsibility to configure it from a monitoring system point of view. Whilst I am quite happy I have a couple of questions:

1. When I create a Map and I bring in a "New Element" which may be a "workstation". There are many other ICONS available but I simply cannot work out how to view all these Icons in a single place/folder. Can anyone help please?

2. I want to bring in some other Icons that I got from the zabbix website, these are all .png 100 x 100. So I go to my map called "home", place a tick in the box on the right & select "import map", the import box opens. As I only want to import an Icon I deselect everything else but leave "Icon - Add Missing" ticked, browse to the folder my icons are in and select my .png Icon. I then get an error message "ERROR: Import Failed

XML file contains errors. Fatal Error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found [line:1|Column:1]

I would be extremely thankful for any help - kind regards Fraggle
Old 30-04-2012, 20:34

take a look a administration / general / images (right drop down menu)

Images in zabbix are in the database...

and the import Map functionality is for importing xml description of a map (that can include images base64 encoded)

Ghoz
Old 30-04-2012, 23:20

Ghoz - thanks for your reply, but if you look at question 2 it appears as an error, surely this is not correct from the simple matter of importing and icon?

fraggle
Old 01-05-2012, 20:54

GHOZ, Thanks again, having read it properly I now understand and it works fine