ZABBIX Forums  
Old 02-06-2016, 13:37

Hi cjj0596,

If you check xml manually you would see that it happens there only once. More than that, it has lowercase "r" in the end - check if you have any similar item already there.

Anyway you can create it manually - just add as many trapper items as you need. Names could be taken from zbx_vars.txt (just add mongodb prefix for compatibility). Most are Numeric unsigned, though some are text.
Old 17-10-2016, 18:24

Default newbie help

Can anyone provide any help on setting this up for a zabbix newbie? I get the template, but the .py and .sh files are confusing. Should one go in external scripts and the other be used in cron to run the external? TIA for any assistance.
Old 17-10-2016, 19:22

Default zabbix_sender?

I actually think I have this going now - I realized that the bash script was actually an example of usage (thanks ).

however, I don't seem to have the "zabbix_sender" command installed on my system (on server or agents). Is this possibly a script I can find elsewhere?
Old 17-10-2016, 20:45

Smile working!

None of my posts have been approved yet, so I guess it's good that I was able to figure this out on my own :P

Got this working by:
a) working out how to install the "zabbix_sender" command (on ubuntu it has its own package now, which is pretty gross)
b) taking the shell script apart to learn what arguments need to be fed into things
c) hacking the python script to allow a hostname to be passed in, which makes this much more useful for me

REALLY excited to have graphable, triggerable data for mongodb now. Thanks for much for putting me on the right track
Old 24-10-2016, 15:22

Sorry fo the delay, big project ongoing. Fortunately you've managed to get it by your own.
Old 27-10-2016, 21:15

Smile

oh, it's all good I really appreciate you putting this out there in the first place. Let me know if you're interested in seeing my patch to allow dynamic hostnames. It has really come in handy for me.
Old 26-01-2017, 11:33

Exclamation

Hi,

I would like to monitor my MongoDB but I don"t know how to do.

Where I must to put this files.
collect_mongo_data.sh : In my Zabbix server on externalScript ?
zbx_vars.txt : On MongoDB server ?
zabbix.py : On MongoDB server ?

I use no user and password for to connect MongoDB.

Thx

Last edited by Arcocide; 26-01-2017 at 11:53.

Tags
mongodb, trapper