ZABBIX Forums  
Old 03-01-2010, 20:54

Default Zbxnext-1

There's already a feature request open for this too on the bug tracker... appropriately enough its id is ZBXNEXT-1
Old 04-01-2010, 05:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by laakness View Post
Not sure if it's possible but I have a suggestion/feature request for this.

Can you lock the Column Title row in the Table View so that when you are scrolling around the list you know what you are clicking on easier?
It's quite possible. I'll move title's row and index column into other fixed tables, only contain is scrollable. It's next version.
Old 13-01-2010, 07:30

I have some issues with tables being converted to items. It's logging some snmptranslate syntax errors. I noticed if I change the get_oid_content function to include the MIB name with the oid name it gets further but not much. Have you run into this with some of your MIBs? If so, did you fix it, if not, could you point me the right direction?

Here is what doesn't work (added some echo statements to a tmp logfile):
Code:
snmptranslate -Td -OS -M /var/www/html/zabbix/snmp_builder/mibs:/usr/share/snmp/mibs -m ALL ltmPoolStatServerPktsIn
This does:
Code:
snmptranslate -Td -OS -M /var/www/html/zabbix/snmp_builder/mibs:/usr/share/snmp/mibs -m ALL F5-BIGIP-LOCAL-MIB::ltmPoolStatServerPktsIn
Old 14-01-2010, 21:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgearhart View Post
I was able to test this today, and it works! I pointed snmpbuilder at a Cisco 2960G switch here at work and added a few interface items... as you can see at the bottom I also get the "Undefined index" errors but it seems to work OK nevertheless. I'm on CentOS 5.4.

The screenshot speaks for itself:
I get the same errors on latest Zabbix 1.9 (trunk) rev.9324 and CentOS 5.4. Seems they are not related to Zabbix. Has anybody solution to it?

It would be great if Zabbix would have their own Template builder or something like that for transforming SNMP MIB files to Templates...
Old 15-01-2010, 08:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgearhart View Post
There's already a feature request open for this too on the bug tracker... appropriately enough its id is ZBXNEXT-1
it is more flexible approach
http://www.zabbix.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15400
https://support.zabbix.com/browse/ZBXNEXT-10

Last edited by dima_dm; 15-01-2010 at 08:30.
Old 18-01-2010, 02:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by modest View Post
I get the same errors on latest Zabbix 1.9 (trunk) rev.9324 and CentOS 5.4. Seems they are not related to Zabbix. Has anybody solution to it?

It would be great if Zabbix would have their own Template builder or something like that for transforming SNMP MIB files to Templates...
It not a big issue. You can decrease notify level in php.ini. I kind of busy - moving office so next version is delay.
I agree that it could be great if Zabbix integrate the tool for better maintain.
Old 18-01-2010, 02:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrog View Post
I have some issues with tables being converted to items. It's logging some snmptranslate syntax errors. I noticed if I change the get_oid_content function to include the MIB name with the oid name it gets further but not much. Have you run into this with some of your MIBs? If so, did you fix it, if not, could you point me the right direction?

Here is what doesn't work (added some echo statements to a tmp logfile):
Code:
snmptranslate -Td -OS -M /var/www/html/zabbix/snmp_builder/mibs:/usr/share/snmp/mibs -m ALL ltmPoolStatServerPktsIn
This does:
Code:
snmptranslate -Td -OS -M /var/www/html/zabbix/snmp_builder/mibs:/usr/share/snmp/mibs -m ALL F5-BIGIP-LOCAL-MIB::ltmPoolStatServerPktsIn
The second is right one, could you send your MIBs for me. I can check it for you.
Old 18-01-2010, 14:35

Here is one of them. The issue is with the tables. It will pick up the values from the device but it will not convert them to a zabbix item. Its getting hung up on the index value for each of the table items.
Attached Files
File Type: zip F5-BIGIP-LOCAL-MIB.txt.zip (54.2 KB, 492 views)
Old 19-01-2010, 04:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrog View Post
Here is one of them. The issue is with the tables. It will pick up the values from the device but it will not convert them to a zabbix item. Its getting hung up on the index value for each of the table items.
Hi danrog, I don't F5 devices so I can't debug the bug. I think the bug made involve with indexes. SNMP Builder should solve OID automatically (via get_oid_value function), you don't need add MIB manually in get_oid_from_name function. It is because selected oids may belong to related MIBs not current one.

I don't know why your snmptranslate commands missing MIB and Index values. Could you post the screenshot of your table?

My tableview with correct generated oids.

Name:  vmm.jpg
Views: 3240
Size:  95.6 KB
Old 19-01-2010, 15:09

How did you get that debug statement up???? Much more elegant then mine :-)