ZABBIX Forums  

Go Back   ZABBIX Forums > Zabbix Discussions and Feedback > Zabbix Troubleshooting and Problems

Old 06-12-2017, 15:53
Zabbix developer

According to the netstat zabbix server is listening on port 10051. You can connect to it with nc. If frontend is giving "Zabbix server is not running" it means it cannot connect to the port, the only reason I see that might be here is that frontend is using different config file. Try to change the DB settings in this file and see if you get a DB error in frontend.
Old 27-12-2017, 13:40

Unhappy Which file?

I've started over and set up a new server (new OS and new zabbix installation). I haven't got this message and the frontend said "zabbix server is running" = Yes. Everything is fine, right? Yeah, but not for long:
After aprox 15 mins I'll get again the "Zabbix server is not running: the information displayed may not be current" message. Now ther's also an "zabbix server is running" = No. And from this moment on, it stays like that :-/

Strange was, that the frontend get's new messages. For ex. when I restart the server, then the "Zabbix server has just been restarted" message appears in the frontend.
Now, 1h later, are just the old dashboard messages like "Zabbix agent on Zabbix server is unreachable for 5 minutes" visible. No new "Zabbix server has been restarted" messages appear any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimir View Post
According to the netstat zabbix server is listening on port 10051. You can connect to it with nc.
Yup, that looks good:

Code:
netstat -tulpn
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:111             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1/systemd
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1132/sshd
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:25            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1651/master
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:10050           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1148/zabbix_agentd
tcp      129      0 0.0.0.0:10051           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1250/zabbix_server
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:3306            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1591/mysqld
tcp6       0      0 :::111                  :::*                    LISTEN      1/systemd
tcp6       0      0 :::80                   :::*                    LISTEN      1141/httpd
tcp6       0      0 :::22                   :::*                    LISTEN      1132/sshd
tcp6       0      0 ::1:25                  :::*                    LISTEN      1651/master
tcp6       0      0 :::10050                :::*                    LISTEN      1148/zabbix_agentd
tcp6       0      0 :::10051                :::*                    LISTEN      1250/zabbix_server

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimir View Post
If frontend is giving "Zabbix server is not running" it means it cannot connect to the port, the only reason I see that might be here is that frontend is using different config file. Try to change the DB settings in this file and see if you get a DB error in frontend.

Code:
/etc/zabbix/zabbix_server.conf
DBHost=localhost
to
Code:
DBHost=10.170.12.240
= no sucess

Code:
/etc/zabbix/web/zabbix.conf.php
$DB['SERVER']   = 'localhost';
to
Code:
$DB['SERVER']   = '10.170.12.240';
Frontend wasn't available anymore

Could you please point out which file I could/should change?
Any other ideas other ideas?
Old 03-01-2018, 21:58

Default re:Zabbix server is not running: the information may not be current

I ran into a similar issue on my newly installed Zabbix server. 3.4 (Ubuntu 16.04).

I found that when I added a Cisco switch using a template it added hundreds of items to the host. When I removed the host, I was able to start the service.

What the actual fix was that my /usr/share/zabbix/conf/zabbix_server.conf file needed to be tuned. I did not have enough memory allocated to my server.

I modified the file /etc/zabbix/zabbix_server.conf and modified the CacheSize to the maximum memory my server would support (8G in my case).

I also modified the HistoryIndexCacheSize and TrendCacheSize.

Please note that when modifying the Cache sizes, all must be below or equal the CacheSize. Found that the hard way.

Hope this helps.