ZABBIX Forums  
Old 05-12-2017, 17:45

Default Calculated Items in Templates

I'm having a Template A with two items:

Total Storage Space (External Check, Key: rds_stats.py["--metric","AllocatedStorage","--instance-id","{HOST.HOST}","--access-key","{$AWS_ACCESS_KEY}","--secret-key","{$AWS_SECRET_KEY}","--region","{$REGION}"])
Available Storage Space (External Check, Key: rds_stats.py["--metric","FreeStorage","--instance-id","{HOST.HOST}","--access-key","{$AWS_ACCESS_KEY}","--secret-key","{$AWS_SECRET_KEY}","--region","{$REGION}"])

Now I would like to add a third item to the same template, calculating the free storage space in percentage.

According to the documentation https://www.zabbix.com/documentation...pes/calculated, it should look like this: 100*last("vfs.fs.size[/,free]")/last("vfs.fs.size[/,total]")

So I've created this:

Quote:
100*last("rds_stats.py["--metric","FreeStorageSpace","--instance-id","{HOST.HOST}","--access-key","{$AWS_ACCESS_KEY}","--secret-key","{$AWS_SECRET_KEY}","--region","{$REGION}"]")/last("rds_stats.py["--metric","AllocatedStorage","--instance-id","{HOST.HOST}","--access-key","{$AWS_ACCESS_KEY}","--secret-key","{$AWS_SECRET_KEY}","--region","{$REGION}"]")
But for some reason, this does not work. The error I am seeing is the following:
Macro '{$AWS_ACCESS_KEY}' value is not numeric

Any tips on how I an resolve this?
Old 05-12-2017, 18:39

So on the begging you have:
Code:
last("rds_stats.py["--metric","FreeStorageSpace","<and_so_on>"
so on first look it can be interpreted as last() arguments: "rds_stats.py[" then "FreeStorageSpace" ..
Looks like messy quotations
Old 05-12-2017, 21:26

Made some changes and changed it into this:

Code:
100*last("rds_stats.py['--metric','FreeStorageSpace','--instance-id','{HOST.HOST}','--access-key','{$AWS_ACCESS_KEY}','--secret-key','{$AWS_SECRET_KEY}','--region','{$REGION}']")
I did the same change to the item itself

Now the error I am seeing is the following -> Item ... is not supported.

I am seeing that error because the quotes need to be double for the item. If the quotes are not the same in the item and the calculated item, I am getting the Item not found item error.

So whats the best approach here?
1) I need double quotes in the formula, but can't seem to use them
Old 06-12-2017, 11:04

Backslashes to the resque!

This eventually worked:

Code:
100*(last("rds_stats.py[\"--metric\",\"FreeStorageSpace\",\"--instance-id\",\"{HOST.HOST}\",\"--access-key\",\"{$AWS_ACCESS_KEY}\",\"--secret-key\",\"{$AWS_SECRET_KEY}\",\"--region\",\"{$REGION}\"]")/last("rds_stats.py[\"--metric\",\"AllocatedStorage\",\"--instance-id\",\"{HOST.HOST}\",\"--access-key\",\"{$AWS_ACCESS_KEY}\",\"--secret-key\",\"{$AWS_SECRET_KEY}\",\"--region\",\"{$REGION}\"]"))