ZABBIX Forums  
Old 16-05-2016, 21:51

Default SNMP screen/report single host interfaces

There is a lot of power and flexibility in Zabbix, but it seems to me that there are some relatively simple "next steps" that could be posted somewhere for the community. Other than the Zabbix server itself, I am working exclusively with SNMP hosts at the moment. It was a real eye opener when I found out how to make a simple dynamic screen to chart all the interfaces for a single host. And then it occurred to me that I didn't see this simple recipe documented anywhere. It's kind of frustrating to think that there are a bunch of powerful capabilities sitting there in Zabbix that I am not aware of, and are apparently not documented anywhere.

So now I'm looking for help or direction for a couple more screens or reports. Now that I do know at least one way to chart all the interfaces for a host on a screen, it would be really nice if there were a way to click on one of those charts and be taken directly to the more flexible single detail graph for that interface. But there is no place in the screen configuration to associate a URL including macros with a graph. This would just make navigation easier for a common operation.

The other screen or report that I would really like to have is a text report with probably lots of rows and columns. One way to organize this would be, for a single host list all the interfaces down the leftmost column and make the rest of the columns show the other SNMP values for those interfaces. This is a much more compact report than scrolling through many more rows of data in the "Latest data" web page or a "Data overview" screen for a whole group of hosts.

Just a short wish list, I guess, but please let me know if you can point me in the right direction(s).

Thanks,
Dave
Old 09-06-2016, 15:48

There is now a script posted in the Patches forum to do a simple table display of Interfaces data for a single SNMP host. It uses the Zabbix API, which means it is not integrated into (or even called by) the Zabbix front-end currently. Some help with that would be appreciated!
Old 12-12-2017, 10:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFaught View Post
It was a real eye opener when I found out how to make a simple dynamic screen to chart all the interfaces for a single host.
I know it's a long time ago. But I am new to Zabbix and trying to do the same task. With 'Data overview' I can get all textual information of one application. But for a 48 port switch it's far too much on a single page. I'd prefer to have only traffic as chart, a separate graph for each port. I would be happy if you could give me a hint.

Thanks a lot.

Tags
interfaces, snmp