X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dalle
    started a topic Another way to monitor Oracle

Another way to monitor Oracle

Hi to everyone, i've wrote within a workmate a plugin for zabbix to monitor oracle instances.
    This script work on serverside and don't use zabbix send, but simply the zabbix server run some script and collect data from oracle instances.
    This plugin is server-centric because for me is more simple manage and upgrade a single application.
    The work that is done with zabora is simply great,and i've really apreciate! this is just another way to do more or less the same work.
    requirements:
    • a working sqlplus on zabbix server with configured tnsnames, and tnsping utility too. I've installed a complete client and not simply the instantclient, because tnsping is not included inside instant-client.
    • an user on every oracle instances

installation steps
    create an user with this oracle script:
    CREATE USER ZABBIX
    IDENTIFIED BY <REPLACE WITH PASSWORD>
    DEFAULT TABLESPACE SYSTEM
    TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP
    PROFILE DEFAULT
    ACCOUNT UNLOCK;
    -- 2 Roles for ZABBIX
    GRANT CONNECT TO ZABBIX;
    GRANT RESOURCE TO ZABBIX;
    ALTER USER ZABBIX DEFAULT ROLE ALL;
    -- 5 System Privileges for ZABBIX
    GRANT SELECT ANY TABLE TO ZABBIX;
    GRANT CREATE SESSION TO ZABBIX;
    GRANT SELECT ANY DICTIONARY TO ZABBIX;

untar in /etc/zabbix/externalscripts check_ora.tar.gz
    write your credentials /username/password and instance etc..) inside
    /etc/zabbix/externalscripts/check_ora/credentials
    create items like on attachment check_ora_items.txt or import my template.
    then the last thing to do is add an host with the same name of SID.
    an you'll have a lot of graphs about performaces etc..
    in the picture you'll see some graphs

See ya =)
    Dalle
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dalle; 12-08-2009, 16:06.

• mfric
    replied
    Orabbix - disabled items

Hello, I'd like to ask if orabbix is querying also for disabled items in zabbix when they are queryies in query.props for this item.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• bllack
    replied
    Hello,
    How can i fix this problem?
    PHP Code:
    root@zab /e/z/externalscripts# ./check_ora.sh -i dbname      
    ./check_ora.sh108: ./check_ora.shBad substitution      
    root
    @zab /e/z/externalscripts# ./check_ora.sh -i dbname -s   
    ./check_ora.sh108: ./check_ora.shBad substitution 
    in log at that moment:
    PHP Code:
     WARN  Orabbix Error while executing ->pool_miscon database ->dbnameException received ORA-00942: table or view does not exist                                                 
     WARN  Orabbix 
    Error while executing ->pool_sql_areaon database ->dbnameException received ORA-00942: table or view does not exist 
    but that tables are exist:
    PHP Code:
    SQLSELECT TO_CHAR(ROUND(SUM(decode(pool,'shared pool',decode(name,'library cache',0,'dictionary cache',0,'free memory',0,'sql area',                                                                                        

0,(bytes)/(1024*1024)),0)),2)) pool_misc                                                                   
    FROM V$SGASTAT
    ;  2    3                                                                                        

POOL_MISC                                                                                                      
    ----------------------------------------                                                                       
    PHP Code:
    SQLSELECT    TO_CHAR(ROUND(SUM(decode(pool,'shared pool',decode(name,'sql area',(bytes)/(1024*1024),0),0)),2)) pool_sql_area                                                                                                
    FROM V$SGASTAT
    ;  2                                                                                             

POOL_SQL_AREA                                                                                                  
    ----------------------------------------                                                                       

Leave a comment:

• dalle
    replied
    Originally posted by 483 View Post
    "try to check if path is correct (inside the script) and if you can use-it."
    what doed this mean?vi zabbix_send or change the zabbix_send to be root user?
    try to call zabbix_send inside your oracle user and see if enviroment's variable are right and everything work
    Try to see if you can call zabbix_send try to see if the specified path inside the scripts is right...
    just unix's admin stuff

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by dalle View Post
    If you have everything configure on "oracle" user you should be able to use zabbix_send under "oracle" user, try to check if path is correct (inside the script) and if you can use-it.
    Your issue seem caused by this kind of error.
    let me know
    btw It's holyday here so on next week I will not reply
    "try to check if path is correct (inside the script) and if you can use-it."
    what doed this mean?vi zabbix_send or change the zabbix_send to be root user?

Leave a comment:

• dalle
    replied
    If you have everything configure on "oracle" user you should be able to use zabbix_send under "oracle" user, try to check if path is correct (inside the script) and if you can use-it.
    Your issue seem caused by this kind of error.
    let me know
    btw It's holyday here so on next week I will not reply

Leave a comment:

replied
    when i use
    "UserParameter=pool_free_memery,/etc/zabbix/externalscripts/check_ora/check_ora_sendtrap.sh -i orcl -q pool_free_mem
    UserParameter=waitsqlnet,/etc/zabbix/externalscripts/check_ora/check_ora_sendtrap.sh -i orcl -q waits_sqlnet"
    write it in the zabbix_agentd.conf.
    I can get a number use ,"/etc/zabbix/externalscripts/check_ora/check_ora_sendtrap.sh -i orcl -q waits_sqlnet"
    in the terminal it has the answer.but when i use "pool_free_memery","waitsqlnet"as the key of the agent.but i can't get a Item key to monitor in the zabbix web.(I create oracle user .I only can open the oracle using oracle user.I can't open it with the root or zabbix user.how can i chanslate it .and every user can open the oracle).
    can you help me?

Leave a comment:

• dalle
    replied
    Originally posted by SeMaTech View Post
    zabbix server logs attached; Thanks!
    You still have this issue?
    let me know If I have some idea I'll help you

Leave a comment:

• dalle
    replied
    here in your log I mean there isn't nothing of strange, i'm sorry but i don't know why orabbix don't work

Leave a comment:

• SeMaTech
    replied
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dalle
    replied
    Please try to check the zabbix's server logs, or send your log I'll try to see if i find something of strange, because unfortunately I have no clue about your trouble.
    Andrea
    Last edited by dalle; 15-03-2011, 09:29.

Leave a comment:

• SeMaTech
    replied
    We are running Zabbix 1.8.4 on CentOS5. I have imported the templates from the 'template' folder in the orabbix-1.2.0-RC1 install zip. I have created two hosts CPATCH and E1TEST and have associated them to Template_Oracle. Screen captures of my templates and of the hosts attached. Thanks!!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dalle
    replied
    I've found that zabbix server send back as reply
    2011-03-10 14:21:56,443 [pool-1-thread-2] WARN Orabbix - received unexpected
    response ' followed by 1024 blank space (1K) this is really strange. It's never
    happened before.
    Which version of Zabbix are you using?
    Do you have imported my template? and you have created two host CPATCH and E1TEST on zabbix?
    Please be patience I know that are stupid question but those are the most common errors

Greetings,

Zabbix and Orabbix noob here. We are trying to set up Orabbix to monitor Oracle 11.2. I have attempted to set up orabbix following instructions here http://www.smartmarmot.com/product/o...l-instruction/ and here http://www.zabbix.com/wiki/howto/mon...le_with_zabbix.

Problem we are having is two fold. We are not getting data to show up in charts. Also our orabbix log has lots of received unexpected response '' for key messages in it.

Debug log; config.props; query.props are in attached ZIP.

Any guidance / assistance is greatly appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• SeMaTech
    replied
    WARN Orabbix - received unexpected response '' for key

Greetings,

Zabbix and Orabbix noob here. We are trying to set up Orabbix to monitor Oracle 11.2. I have attempted to set up orabbix following instructions here http://www.smartmarmot.com/product/o...l-instruction/ and here http://www.zabbix.com/wiki/howto/mon...le_with_zabbix.

Problem we are having is two fold. We are not getting data to show up in charts. Also our orabbix log has lots of received unexpected response '' for key messages in it.

Debug log; config.props; query.props are in attached ZIP.

Any guidance / assistance is greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• vlam
    replied
    i have arobbix also on this system but when i try to start it this is the reply that i get

./run.sh
    [[email protected] scripts]# Warning: -jar not understood. Ignoring.
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: orabbix-1.1.0.jar
    at gnu.gcj.runtime.FirstThread.run() (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
    at _Jv_ThreadRun(java.lang.Thread) (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
    at _Jv_RunMain(java.lang.Class, byte const, int, byte const, boolean) (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
    at __gcj_personality_v0 (/etc/zabbix/scripts/java.version=1.4.2)
    at __libc_start_main (/lib64/tls/libc-2.3.4.so)
    at __libc_start_main (/etc/zabbix/scripts/java.version=1.4.2)

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X