X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chojin
    started a topic monitor only at working days

monitor only at working days

I have a few applications which are known to stop working from time to time, so I check their last activity time (based on last change timestamp of log-file) them using zabbix. And I get a triggered alarm when there is no activity for 15 min. as that is not normal during working days

However, during the weekend, that is normal. The application just hasn't anything to do in the weekend. Hence zabbix starts complaining about it due to the trigger.

Is there a way to tell zabbix not to monitor certain item, or not to trigger certain triggers during the weekend.
    I've already tried flexible intervals, but I can't seem to skip a whole weekend with it.

Have others already configured simular things? how did you solve it? what could be a good way to solve this?

• Alexei
    replied
    Originally posted by chojin View Post
    But then I will also get the alerts of the other applications when there is a real maintenance?
    I misread your message, sorry. Please ignore my previous comment.

Anyway, you may use time related trigger functions as suggested or use filtering by time period in configuration of actions (look at all supported conditions there!). It is also possible.

Leave a comment:

• chojin
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexei View Post
    That's fine. You may have two actions: one with your application and not in maintenance, another with other applications regardless of maintenance status.
    But then I will also get the alerts of the other applications when there is a real maintenance?

Leave a comment:

• Alexei
    replied
    Originally posted by chojin View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have been thinking about that too, however I do need to receive alerts about other errors on the host in the weekends and on holidays. (and not during a real maintenance)
    That's fine. You may have two actions: one with your application and not in maintenance, another with other applications regardless of maintenance status.

Leave a comment:

• chojin
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexei View Post
    Another solution is to use host-level maintenance. In this case you could define all weekends and holidays as maintenance periods.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have been thinking about that too, however I do need to receive alerts about other errors on the host in the weekends and on holidays. (and not during a real maintenance)

Leave a comment:

• Alexei
    replied
    Another solution is to use host-level maintenance. In this case you could define all weekends and holidays as maintenance periods.

Note that you may choose to collect or do not collect historical data within maintenances. Make sure that you have action condition "not in maintenance" in place.

Leave a comment:

• chojin
    replied
    Fantastic ! That is what I was looking for. Thanks!

Only problem I now have are holidays.. but I don't think there is an easy solution for that?

Leave a comment:

• EnigmA-X
    replied
    You can use the dayofweek-function in your trigger. This way you can use the AND operand to check if dayofweek() returns something below 6 (day 6 = saturday, day 7 = sunday).

Have a look at: http://www.zabbix.com/documentation/...onfig/triggers

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X