Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Launch trigger when down five minutes

Hello All,

Is it possible to only send a actions when the monitor has been completely down for more then 5 minutes.

Example: Temperature raises above 72 F. AC turns but takes 3 minutes to get temperature below 72 F. At 5 minutes the temp is below 72 F and a action is not needed.

I've tired combining 2 triggers into one, like "{(EXAMPLETEMPLATE):Temp.last(0)}>72 & {(EXAMPLETEMPLATE):Temp..min(5m)} = 0)" with no success.

Also tired
    {Device:Temp.last(300)}>71

JDurga,
    I think you were on the right track when you tried combing multiple triggers. What I would suggest is that, instead of trying to perform an action when the Trigger has been down for >5 min, that you not even Trigger the event until it has been 5 minutes.

This will be dependent upon how long your Trigger interval is, but if it is running once-per-minute, then you would set your Trigger so that it only activated if the error-condition was in place for 5 consecutive intervals. Something like this (this has NOT been tested or verified as correct syntax):

Code:
    {(EXAMPLETEMPLATE):Temp.count(5, 72, gt) }>4

Comment

Hello,

There is a chance that usage of function min together with 5m can suite this scenario:
      Code:
      {(EXAMPLETEMPLATE):Temp.min(5m)}>72

Comment

I like Aigar's version. Simpler and more readable than mine.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X