Ad Widget

Collapse

How to disable monitoring of specific services..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to disable monitoring of specific services..

Hello - newbie here. I've loaded both the snmp and windows templates on some of my servers and it's collecting 'allot' of data. I don't need to know if 'every' service is running on a windows server and want to 'block/disable/unclassify' specific items from cluttering up my 'global view' dashboard. is there a method or way of adjusting a specific template to 'not' display if xxx-service is running or not? A prime example might be that the application sees that a windows server has '12 virtual network interfaces' on it but I only need to monitor a specific one.

thanks in advance ..

S

There is global regular expression called "Windows service names for discovery" that is used by discovery rule in Template OS Windows. You can modify it to limit the set of discovered elements.
    For network interfaces there is other global regular expression called "Network interfaces for discovery"

Comment

Is there what you are referring to??
      If so - how can i modify/exclude/include only settings or services that I'm interested in?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by seapro View Post
        Is there what you are referring to??
        If so - how can i modify/exclude/include only settings or services that I'm interested in?
        I believe it's under Administration > General > Regular expressions

Comment

Another, perhaps easier way is to use the filters in the discovery template itself. You can tell it to exclude unwanted services (I haven't tried for Network Interfaces, but assume you could do similar there).

I posted the same answer a couple days ago here with a screenshot that may help:
          https://www.zabbix.com/forum/zabbix-...from-discovery
          Last edited by steeladept; 01-05-2019, 15:59. Reason: Added link to related post

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X