This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aaditya View Post
    In your role as a database designer, look for the most efficient way to organize your schemas, tables, and columns. As when tuning application code, you minimize I/O, keep related items together, and plan ahead so that performance stays high as the data volume increases. Starting with an efficient database design makes it

indeed, only small companies are using one single database server

Zabbix's schema is lacking enterprise capabilities

I am using galera cluster to host Zabbix' database and i cant take benefit from distributed resources and multithreading capabilities of my cluster because of the way Zabbix schema has been designed - it is virtually impossible to partitioning most of the tables
    Many people are using multi disks partitioning approach too and they face the same issue i have

it seems to me the Zabbix's team prefer to cover the needs of the small companies and single users rather to redesign Zabbix in a way to be able to fit the enterprise architecture
    The changes they make in the new releases are mostly on the web front-end

Comment

Originally posted by pnenov View Post
      I am using galera cluster to host Zabbix' database and i cant take benefit from distributed resources and multithreading capabilities of my cluster because of the way Zabbix schema has been designed
      Do you have any tips how to fully utilize Zabbix under galera cluster with three nodes? Or you just point mysql server to one of the nodes? Are you deploying MySQL or MariaDB galera cluster?

Comment

Delete me.
        Last edited by rzweeres; 12-04-2018, 20:44. Reason: Delete me.

Comment

Hi,

I dont have exactly the same problem, but as I use the preinstalled VM Appliance from Zabbix, I have an error: [Z3005] query failed: [1114] The table 'history_uint' is full

and I don't know how can I expand the DB. The Zabbix has only 50% full of the storage.

Please can you help me?

Thanks.

Comment

• sancho
            sancho commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry, wrong post
            Last edited by sancho; 19-04-2018, 16:32.

• Alfista
            Alfista commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't understand Sancho.
        Working...
        X