ERROR:Invalid URL at zabbix installation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ERROR:Invalid URL at zabbix installation

Hi, after compilation zabbix, I gone to http://examples.ex/zabbix for end of installation of the zabbix. After reading Introduction, I click button Next and received the error: ERROR: Invalid URL. Error screenshot look more low. Why?
    ps: FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE, zabbix-1.6.2_1,1
    Attached Files

zabbix-1.6.2_1,1

I would recommend to use frontend from our nightly build of zabbix pre 1.6.3 . Or wait till 1.6.3 will be released.

P.S. I assume that you have installed zabbix from a package
    Zabbix | ex GUI developer

Comment

Originally posted by Aly View Post
      zabbix-1.6.2_1,1

I would recommend to use frontend from our nightly build of zabbix pre 1.6.3 . Or wait till 1.6.3 will be released.

P.S. I assume that you have installed zabbix from a package
      zabbix was installed from ports...

Comment

I'm also have this problem

Comment

I went to try out Zabbix 1.6 today to see what's new (I had demo'd 1.4 a while back). I have the same issue. FreeBSD 7.x, installed current version from ports (zabbix 1.6.2_1,1), same error. I did some poking around and found a workaround if people want to manually get it to work while waiting for Zabbix and/or the port to be updated.

* Comment out line 436 in php/include/validate.inc.php. It's the bolded line below:
          Code:
          			else if($flags&P_ACT){
          				if(!isset($_REQUEST['sid'])){
          					//return ZBX_VALID_ERROR;
          It looks like there should be a variable named sid set in the setup form, but it's missing. This just disables the error if it notices that variable not being set/existing. You now should be able to get through the installer properly. Once the config file is in place and the installer is done, you can then undo the changes you made to the above file.

However, at least in my case, it didn't populate the database (MySQL in my case). I'll trust that you know enough sql to figure how to add data/structure/tables to a database. In my case, before I even started the installer, I created an empty Zabbix database and set a username/password with permissions. Populate the database with these files with the schema first:

* create/schema/mysql.sql
          * create/data/data.sql
          * create/data/images_mysql.sql

Things should be just fine after that. Remember to undo the changes you made to php/include/validate.inc.php when complete! It will probably work fine either way, but no sense in removing some of the validation code and leaving it out permanently.

Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by falz View Post
            I went to try out Zabbix 1.6 today to see what's new (I had demo'd 1.4 a while back). I have the same issue. FreeBSD 7.x, installed current version from ports (zabbix 1.6.2_1,1), same error. I did some poking around and found a workaround if people want to manually get it to work while waiting for Zabbix and/or the port to be updated.

* Comment out line 436 in php/include/validate.inc.php. It's the bolded line below:
            Code:
            			else if($flags&P_ACT){
            It looks like there should be a variable named sid set in the setup form, but it's missing. This just disables the error if it notices that variable not being set/existing. You now should be able to get through the installer properly. Once the config file is in place and the installer is done, you can then undo the changes you made to the above file.

However, at least in my case, it didn't populate the database (MySQL in my case). I'll trust that you know enough sql to figure how to add data/structure/tables to a database. In my case, before I even started the installer, I created an empty Zabbix database and set a username/password with permissions. Populate the database with these files with the schema first:

* create/schema/mysql.sql
            * create/data/data.sql
            * create/data/images_mysql.sql

Things should be just fine after that. Remember to undo the changes you made to php/include/validate.inc.php when complete! It will probably work fine either way, but no sense in removing some of the validation code and leaving it out permanently.

Enjoy.
            Hi

if you look at the port, you'll see:
            1. MySQL Server is not required to run (but php5-mysql is ?)
            2. MySQL 4.1 client is required as a library

No wonder, that the DB was neither created nor filled with the required data.
            It might make sense, to build a port with the freedom to put your DB on
            the same or any other system. But, you have to know it !

According to the configuration options, the default build is with MySQL as the backend DB, which is fine.
            However, you have to install and configure a MySQL-Server somewhere. The port doesn't do that for you.
            I suggest that you update MySQL to at least 5.0.x.

HTH,

Norbert.
            Last edited by NOB; 03-04-2009, 15:01. Reason: Recommend MySQL 5.0.x

Comment

Originally posted by NOB View Post
              Hi

if you look at the port, you'll see:
              1. MySQL Server is not required to run (but php5-mysql is ?)
              2. MySQL 4.1 client is required as a library

No wonder, that the DB was neither created nor filled with the required data. It might make sense, to build a port with the freedom to put your DB on the same or any other system. But, you have to know it !

According to the configuration options, the default build is with MySQL as the backend DB, which is fine. However, you have to install and configure a MySQL-Server somewhere. The port doesn't do that for you. I suggest that you update MySQL to at least 5.0.x.

HTH,

Norbert.
              I'm not sure where I said I was using MySQL 4.1, because I'm not- I use MySQL 5.0. The port has options for MySQL but certainly doesn't/shouldn't depend on them (MySQL doesn't have to be local). I do see where you're reading required libraries as MySQL 4.1, but perhaps something is out of date on that page.

Anyway, the "ERROR: Invalid URL" has nothing to do with MySQL, it's because something with that sid is missing in the setup.php script, which my workaround addresses. During the setup, when I get to the "database check" portion, it all works fine. For some reason the data just doesn't go in, which I'm fine with. I actually prefer to add it by hand since then I know what it's doing.

Comment

I also had this problem but only AFTER I finished the install. My setup.php file was named setup.php.bak so when I went to that url it failed. I copied setup.php.bak to setup.php and it works now. I don't need it since I'm already set up but you might check to see if yours is the same way. My error on the browser gave me a little more information than yours did, that's what pointed me to the missing file.

Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by falz View Post

Code:
                  			else if($flags&P_ACT){
                  It's work for me, 10x

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X