Clear All

confure fails with --with-mysql

when I run ./configure --enable-server --with-mysql I get the following

checking for mysql_config... /usr/bin/mysql_config
    checking for main in -lmysqlclient.... no
    configure: error: Not found mysqlclient library

what have I done wrong

missing package

You probably miss one of the mysqlclient packages.

These are the mysql packages I have installed on my zabbix 2.0 server (which runs ubuntu as you can see):

Code:
    # dpkg-query -l | grep mysql
    ii  libdbd-mysql-perl                4.020-1build2              Perl5 database interface to the MySQL database
    ii  libmysqlclient-dev               5.5.24-0ubuntu0.12.04.1    MySQL database development files
    ii  libmysqlclient18                 5.5.24-0ubuntu0.12.04.1    MySQL database client library
    ii  libmysqld-dev                    5.5.24-0ubuntu0.12.04.1    MySQL embedded database development files
    ii  mysql-client-5.5                 5.5.24-0ubuntu0.12.04.1    MySQL database client binaries
    ii  mysql-client-core-5.5            5.5.24-0ubuntu0.12.04.1    MySQL database core client binaries
    ii  mysql-common                     5.5.24-0ubuntu0.12.04.1    MySQL database common files, e.g. /etc/mysql/my.cnf
    ii  mysql-server                     5.5.24-0ubuntu0.12.04.1    MySQL database server (metapackage depending on the latest version)
    ii  mysql-server-5.5                 5.5.24-0ubuntu0.12.04.1    MySQL database server binaries and system database setup
    ii  mysql-server-core-5.5            5.5.24-0ubuntu0.12.04.1    MySQL database server binaries
    ii  php5-mysql                       5.3.10-1ubuntu3.2          MySQL module for php5

Comment

Thank you

did an install of php and java connector for mysql do not know which was the issue but now working thank you.

It is quite strange as I built 2.0 with no issues two weeks ago on this machine was just doing a build to add ipmi so I think I may be asking who has done what on this machine

Again Thank you

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X