Log shows "became supproted" "became not supported"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log shows "became supproted" "became not supported"

I've tried to implement the apache status fetcher, the python script that grabs the data and submits it to Zabbix, as described here under option 1.

I'm getting a ton of entries in my logs showing:
    item [tura:apache[localhost,BusyWorkers]] became not supported: ZBX_NOTSUPPORTED
    item [tura:apache[localhost,BusyWorkers]] became supported

It alternates back and forth, I get about 2 messages per minute, for each of the 22 or so checks. Any idea how I can clear up this issue and stop the errors from clogging my logs?

I've tried changing the check type from "Active Check" to something else, but nothing seems to work. I'm very inexperienced with Zabbix, so I've no idea what's going on or why this check is flipping back and forth like this. I wondered if it was a timeout issue, so I tried changing the update interval from 60 seconds, but that had no effect.

How can I debug this issue further?

Cheers - Callum.

I noticed that the "became supported" log entry coincides with the time when the ApacheUpdater.py calls zabbix_sender to send the data. It's like zabbix receives the data, says oh this check is valid, then after 30 seconds, hey, no data, this check is invalid, 30 seconds later, gets data, oh this check is good again. Ad infinitum.

Can I somehow enable more detailed logging to help debug?

Comment

You can use tcpdump -i any host tura -s0 -w tura.cap and analyze (whireshark) it after receiving an error. If response timeout cause this problem you will see TCP RST bit in packets from server.
      What time is from runing ApacheUpdater.py to receive his response?

Comment

Should the items be zabbix-trapper instead of zabbix-agent? I think I've seen this with incorrectly defined zabbix-sender updated items.

Comment

Originally posted by LenR View Post
          Should the items be zabbix-trapper instead of zabbix-agent? I think I've seen this with incorrectly defined zabbix-sender updated items.
          Thank you kindly. I looked at alternate check types but didn't spot one that made more sense to me. Zabbix-trapper sounds absolutely right, and the errors have cleared up. Genius, thanks a lot LenR, I greatly appreciate your help.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X