Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with distorted graphs

Hey all,
    I am having a problem with the display of graphs. Graphs seem to diplay perfectly up to th 12 hour period. After that, the graph goes berserk (i.e. weird colors, off the wall numbers). Examples are posted below of a good graph and a bad one. The good one is for the past 8 hours. The bad one is for the past week. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Lawrence
    Attached Files

I believe this is by design and is meant to give us fancier graphs showing deviation or average or something, but I haven't seen a description from the develoeprs of what the different colors are supposed to mean.

-cameron

Comment

The area is everything between MIN and MAX values. Line in the middle is average value.
      Alexei Vladishev
      Creator of Zabbix, Product manager
      New York | Tokyo | Riga
      My Twitter

Comment

I'm guessing this is taken from the "trend" data? What exactly is the difference between history and trend?

-cameron

Comment

I'm guessing I can safely use average for a cleaner looking graph?

Thanks for all the help folks

Comment

Yes, you can.
            But notice that the "average" value distorts peaks.
            Means, if you have one value "100" in between values from 10-12, ths value surely isn't shown as 100 in the graph (because of the average calculation (related to used time period))...
            Big ZABBIX is watching you!
            (... and my 48 hosts, 4513 items, 1280 triggers via zabbix v1.6 on CentOS 5.0)

Comment

Working...
            X