cannot send list of active checks to [IP Address]: host [IP Address], Hostnames match

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot send list of active checks to [IP Address]: host [IP Address], Hostnames match

Hi all,

I have two proxies that are set up, working properly and they have been for months now.

We recently set up another proxy for a new client, the exact same way that we did for the other proxies but we continuously get this error from the proxy.
    cannot send list of active checks to [IP Address]: host [hostname] not found

We have the agent config. setup correctly along with the proxy config. The main Zabbix server sees the proxy so I know that there is some communication happening. The proxy is not seeing the hosts/agent.

The hostname of the machine/in the conf. and the hostname on dashboard are identical so I know that is not an issue.

Any ideas?

• kloczek
    replied
    Originally posted by hsmithjtek View Post
    Code:
    agent.hostname [s|AQUAFINA]
    That is what I have in the dashboard for the hostname. "The ZBX box" is still gray.

The proxy log is saying "cannot send list of active checks........host [AQUAFINA] not found."
    If you see in the proxy logs that it receives configuration data from the server check host settings is this hot monitored over this proxy. Check proxy name which is used in proxy proxy proxy configuration and name of the proxy under which it is registered in the zabbix.

Leave a comment:

• hsmithjtek
    replied
    Thank you for your help today.

I was able to solve it by following the report here: https://support.zabbix.com/browse/ZBX-14595

Rebooting the main ZBX server resolved the issue.

Leave a comment:

• hsmithjtek
    replied
    Originally posted by dimir View Post
    Ah, right. Active proxy does not request configuration on start up, it waits for a configured time since last request. For testing purposes, set ConfigFrequency=60 in your proxy configuration and restart proxy. And check the logs if it requests configuration from server.
    I did this. Restarted the proxy. I am getting
    Code:
    failed to update local proxy configuration copy: unexpected field "hosts.available"
    ...that's new!

It is
    Code:
    receiving configuration data from server at "main zabbix server IP", datalen 7613
    Last edited by hsmithjtek; 20-07-2018, 17:55.

Leave a comment:

• dimir
    replied
    Ah, right. Active proxy does not request configuration on start up, it waits for a configured time since last request. For testing purposes, set ConfigFrequency=60 in your proxy configuration and restart proxy. And check the logs if it requests configuration from server.

Leave a comment:

• hsmithjtek
    replied
    See if there are errors in zabbix_server.log and zabbix_proxy.log .
    On the default debug level, there are no errors on the server.log. The only errors on the proxy log are cannot send list of active checks to [IP Address]: host [hostname] not found.

Leave a comment:

• dimir
    replied
    See if there are errors in zabbix_server.log and zabbix_proxy.log .

Leave a comment:

• hsmithjtek
    replied
    Is your proxy active or passive? If passive, after it's restarted it will wait until server sends it the data. If you have default configuration it might take up to 1 hour.
    It is Active. Last seen 3s ago.

Leave a comment:

• dimir
    replied
    Is your proxy active or passive?
    If passive, after it's restarted it will wait until server sends it the data. If you have default configuration it might take up to 1 hour. And you don't want to wait, for testing purposes, set zabbix_server configuration parameter ProxyConfigFrequency=60 and restart zabbix_server.

Leave a comment:

• hsmithjtek
    replied
    Try connecting to proxy database and see what's there:
    Code:
    select * from hosts;
    See if there are other hosts configured to be monitored by this proxy.

Jut to make sure, the host names are case-sensitive.
    Thank you. It says "Empty Set".

In regards to case sensitivity, the hostname returned by
    Code:
    zabbix_agentd -t agent.hostname
    is in all caps. It is also in all caps in the .conf file and on the frontend.

Leave a comment:

• dimir
    replied
    Try connecting to proxy database and see what's there:
    Code:
    select * from hosts;
    See if there are other hosts configured to be monitored by this proxy.

Jut to make sure, the host names are case-sensitive.

Leave a comment:

• hsmithjtek
    replied
    Can you log in to proxy database and see what's in its "hosts" table? Also, is AQUAFINA correctly configured to be monitored by this proxy in frontend?
    Would you mind sharing the exact SQL cmd with me? Would it be "show table...."?

Also, the host is configured to be monitored by the proxy, yes.

Leave a comment:

• dimir
    replied
    Can you log in to proxy database and see what's in its "hosts" table? Also, is AQUAFINA correctly configured to be monitored by this proxy in frontend?

Leave a comment:

• hsmithjtek
    replied
    Then my only guess is that proxy hasn't yet received this configuration from server. When you make modifications in frontend you need to wait till:
    • server reloads configuration cache from database (1 minute by default): CacheUpdateFrequency=60
    • proxy gets configuration updates from server:
      • passive proxy, zabbix_server configuration parameter (1 hour by default): ProxyConfigFrequency=3600
      • active proxy, zabbix_proxy configuration parameter (1 hour by default): ConfigFrequency=3600
    If you don't want to wait, force server to reload config cache using zabbix_server -Rconfig_cache_reload and then restart proxy.
    Thank you.

I ran
    Code:
    zabbix_server -Rconfig_cache_reload
    on the Zabbix Server. Command was sent successfully. I then restarted the proxy. It is still saying "host [AQUAFINA] not found".

The hostname is identical on the Front End and in the .conf file of the agent. I appreciate the help so far. Any other ideas?

Leave a comment:

• dimir
    replied
    Then my only guess is that proxy hasn't yet received this configuration from server. When you make modifications in frontend you need to wait till:
    • server reloads configuration cache from database (1 minute by default): CacheUpdateFrequency=60
    • proxy gets configuration updates from server:
      • passive proxy, zabbix_server configuration parameter (1 hour by default): ProxyConfigFrequency=3600
      • active proxy, zabbix_proxy configuration parameter (1 hour by default): ConfigFrequency=3600
    If you don't want to wait, force server to reload config cache using zabbix_server -Rconfig_cache_reload and then restart proxy.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X