The GPL license gives developers and end users a number of rights. But it does require that any changes made to the code (i.e. the creation of a derivative work, combination of proprietary code with open source code) must also be licensed under the GPL, which also means that the source code for proprietary applications has to be released.
Who may need Commercial License?
Some organizations, due to trade secrets, patents or other proprietary reasons, may therefore be limited to distribute and combine open source software with their proprietary applications.
Zabbix Commercial License is meant for OEMs, ISVs, VARs and other distributors that combine and distribute commercially licensed software with Zabbix software and do not wish to distribute the source code for the commercially licensed software under GNU GPLv2. These companies have to purchase the right to use Zabbix under a more traditional license.
These are many advantages Zabbix Commercial License offers over an Open Source license:
- saves years of time versus building a system from scratch;
- modifications and enhancements doesn't need to be released under an GPL v.2 license;
- there is no need to distribute GPLv2 license terms alongside with your product and no reference to it have to be done;
- no references to Zabbix have to be done in any file distributed with your product;
- the source code of Zabbix doesn't have to be distributed alongside with your product;
- you can remove any file from Zabbix when integrating it with your product.
Purchase Commercial License
Commercial License is more like a custom product that is being tailored to a customer needs. We evaluate each case carefully and try to provide our customers with best solutions possible. To inquire about pricing, please contact our Sales Team.