ZABBIX Forums  
  #1  
Old 15-03-2012, 10:42
alexand3r alexand3r is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11
Default Zabbix discoverer processes more than 75% busy

Hi everyone !

First of all I'd like to say that I'm totally new with Zabbix and I'm a begginer on Linux but I try to get better !

Here is my issues.

I've installed a Zabbix server yesterday, and so far it seems to work correctly except that I started to receive this alert :
Zabbix discoverer processes more than 75% busy

According to the graph of this event, processes reached 100% during almost an hour and then gets back to 0% and after few minutes 100% again.

Here is the trigger linked to this alert :
{Zabbix server:zabbix[process,"discoverer",avg,busy].avg(600)}>75

The second problem is since I've installed Zabbix I've got this alert :
Some items are not supported

With this trigger :
{Zabbix server:zabbix[items_unsupported].last(0)}>0

The graph seems to show that there are 9 items unsupported but I have no clue of which one there are, how can I know ?

What is going wrong and how can I fix it ?

Thank you all for your help and answers !
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 16-03-2012, 07:50
justinc justinc is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexand3r View Post
First of all I'd like to say that I'm totally new with Zabbix and I'm a begginer on Linux but I try to get better !
Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexand3r View Post
I've installed a Zabbix server yesterday, and so far it seems to work correctly except that I started to receive this alert :
Zabbix discoverer processes more than 75% busy

According to the graph of this event, processes reached 100% during almost an hour and then gets back to 0% and after few minutes 100% again.

Here is the trigger linked to this alert :
{Zabbix server:zabbix[process,"discoverer",avg,busy].avg(600)}>75
This is my guess: you have enabled discovery.
Look at your zabbix_server.conf file
Most likely you have this set like this:
StartDiscoverers=1
Go ahead and increase the number of pre-forked instances of discovers.

If you decided not to use the discovery feature you can always set the parameter to:
StartDiscoverers=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexand3r View Post
The second problem is since I've installed Zabbix I've got this alert :
Some items are not supported

With this trigger :
{Zabbix server:zabbix[items_unsupported].last(0)}>0

The graph seems to show that there are 9 items unsupported but I have no clue of which one there are, how can I know ?

What is going wrong and how can I fix it ?
There could be multiple reasons why a item goes to unsupported, you will learn with time to resolve these with ease. First you will want to identify which items are are unsupported.
1. First go Configuration -> Host -> Select Items(x) for a Host.
2. Then click the filter link that is in on the blue bar if you are using the default theme.
3. Remove the Host name that is listed
4. On the status pull down select unsupported.
5. Select Filter

Okay now you have list. If you look on the far right you will have a red x. mouse over that and you should get an error message that should help you solve your problem.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 16-03-2012, 10:37
alexand3r alexand3r is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11
Default

Hey !

Thank you so much for you answer and help I've followed your instructions and I think I've understood quiet a lot more now !

For the "busy discoveres" I've increased this number on the conf file and so far it's working so I'll let it like this and will come back to it later if it's needed.

And for my other issue, for most of the unsupported items, it was not supported by the Zabbix agent for reasons I ignore, so I just disabled them, there're not usefull for me right now.

Thanks again and have a good day !
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-01-2013, 14:35
GeneBean GeneBean is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinc View Post
This is my guess: you have enabled discovery.
Look at your zabbix_server.conf file
Most likely you have this set like this:
StartDiscoverers=1
Go ahead and increase the number of pre-forked instances of discovers.

If you decided not to use the discovery feature you can always set the parameter to:
StartDiscoverers=0
Just wanted to chime in and say that this helped me out too.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:52.