ZABBIX SIA is proud to announce the availability of ZABBIX 1.3.4.
ZABBIX is an enterprise-class open source distributed monitoring solution.
ZABBIX is released under the GPL, thus it is free of charge for both commercial and non-commercial use. The full license is available at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.txt.
This document contains the release notes for ZABBIX 1.3.4. The release supports MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite only. Support of Oracle will be restored in later releases.
Feature freeze will be announced after release of 1.3.5. Please let us know if you think some critical features are missing. This is the last call!
Do not use this release in production! It is for beta testing only.
The following sections describe the release in detail and provide late-breaking or other information that supplements the main documentation.
Added support of auto-discovery by IP range and TCP services. At the moment it is not fully usable as there is no way to react on events generated by the auto-discovery module. Please wait for 1.3.5.
Remote commands accept all macros supported by notifications.
New item check type, external, can be used to enchance functionality of ZABBIX server by writing a custom scripts.
One set of conditions can generate multiple actions (remote commands, user notifications).
Different algorithms of evaluation of notification conditions are supported.
- fixed calculation of some functions where item is integer
- added new table slides and slideshows
- fixed incorrect SQL statement for ICMP check
- added quick help for overview
- fixed processing of text items
- fixed processing of aggregate items
- added events.object
- developed PopUp menu for overview
- fixed "system.cpu.util"
- removed housekeeper warnings from front-end
- HTTP poller won't verify SSL certificates to enable self-signed fixed warning when enabling/disabling action
- added support of avg() for items having integer type
- added user group for database down messages
- removed support of action repeats
- fixed upgrade of rights,sysmaps,sysmaps_elements
- fixed initial creation of user rights in data.sql
- fixes of PostgreSQL compile
- added icons for elements of map having Unknown status
- added installation check for 'BC math'
- added actions.evaltype
- fixed processing of Text items
- NetBSD compilation fixes
- other improvements and bug fixes
See the Installation Guide http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.4/install.php for full details. See http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.4/install_source_web.php for information about Installation Wizard.
Upgrade script for MySQL and PostgreSQL are provided. Please do not upgrade production systems! The release may or may not work on your system. It has been tested on a very limited number of systems.
ZABBIX Server has been compiled and tested on the following platforms:
- Ubuntu Linux, AMD64, kernel 2.6.11, MySQL 4.x
- Ubuntu Linux, Intel, kernel 2.6.15, MySQL 5.0.22
ZABBIX Agents have been compiled and tested on the following platforms:
- Linux 2.6.11 (Ubuntu)
- Windows XP
- Windows XP 64bit
Note that agents are available pre-compiled from http://www.zabbix.com/download.php for a limited number of versions and platforms.
ZABBIX Company provides full range of professional services. Please contact our sales department for pricing and more details.
- ZABBIX v1.1 Manual http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.1/index.php
- ZABBIX v1.3 (beta) Manual http://www.zabbix.com/downloads/ZABBIX Manual v1.4.pdf
- ZABBIX Forums (http://www.zabbix.com/forum)
- ZABBIX Support (http://www.zabbix.com/support.php)