ZABBIX SIA is proud to announce the availability of ZABBIX 1.3.7.
ZABBIX is an enterprise-class open source distributed monitoring solution.
ZABBIX is released under the GPL, thus it is free of charge for both commercial and non-commercial use. The full license is available at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.txt.
This document contains the release notes for ZABBIX 1.3.7. The release supports MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite only. Support of Oracle will be restored in the next release.
ZABBIX 1.3.x is currently in a feature freeze. We take the feature freeze seriously and mainly work on fixing actual bugs. ZABBIX 1.4 is just around the corner!
Do not use this release in production! It is for beta testing only.
The following sections describe the release in detail and provide late-breaking or other information that supplements the main documentation.
- revision R5 of ZABBIX Manual
- fixed processing of '-t' and other params when '-c' is not given
- increased max size of background images
- fixed default data for default host 'ZABBIX Server'
- fixed processing of uptime/downtime conditions
- fixed processing of uptime/downtime timestamps for DM
- fixed support of action "Delete host"
- added column items.params
- support of Include directive for configuration files
- ZABBIX process will exit on config file open error
- cosmetic changes for server's option '-h'
- fixed coniguration scripts for mysql/net-snmp/curl
- improved sending of SMS messages
- timeout for sending emails and SMS was increased to 40 seconds
- unknown trigger events won't generate actions
- fixed host.c, constant FALSE replaces by FAIL
- fixed generation of events for unknown status of triggers
- fixed processing of trigger statuses
- fixed incorrect displaying of statuses in Monitoring->Triggers
- fixed processing of integer items 'status'
- fixed automatic reload of active checks by agent
- added missing host template linkage in data.sql
- fixed SQL error under PostgreSQL
- fixed memory corruption in poller
- other improvements and bug fixes
See the Installation Guide http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.4/install.php for full details. See http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.4/install_source_web.php for information about Installation Wizard.
Upgrade script for MySQL and PostgreSQL are provided. Please do not upgrade production systems! The release may or may not work on your system. It has been tested on a very limited number of systems.
ZABBIX Server has been compiled and tested on the following platforms:
- Ubuntu Linux, AMD64, kernel 2.6.11, MySQL 4.x
- Ubuntu Linux, Intel, kernel 2.6.15, MySQL 5.0.22
ZABBIX Agents have been compiled and tested on the following platforms:
- Linux 2.6.11 (Ubuntu)
- Windows XP
- Windows XP 64bit
Note that agents are available pre-compiled from http://www.zabbix.com/download.php for a limited number of versions and platforms.
ZABBIX Company provides full range of professional services. Please contact our sales department for pricing and more details.
- ZABBIX v1.1 Manual http://www.zabbix.com/manual/v1.1/index.php
- ZABBIX v1.3 (beta) Manual http://www.zabbix.com/downloads/ZABBIX Manual v1.4.pdf
- ZABBIX Forums (http://www.zabbix.com/forum)
- ZABBIX Support (http://www.zabbix.com/support.php)