03 January 2011
ZABBIX SIA is proud to announce the availability of ZABBIX 1.4.7.
ZABBIX is an enterprise-class open source distributed monitoring solution. ZABBIX is released under the GPL, thus it is free of charge for both commercial and non-commercial use. A complete text of the license is available at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.txt.
This document contains release notes for ZABBIX 1.4.7.
It is highly recommended to upgrade from earlier ZABBIX 1.4.x.
The following sections describe the release in detail and provide late-breaking or other information that supplements its main documentation.
- [ZBX-812] fixed Windows agent crash when using incorrect third parameter in proc_info metric
- [ZBX-809] fixed memory leak while processing proc.num metric under Win2008
- [ZBX-708] DM: fixed possible server crash while synchronizing events between nodes
- [ZBX-675] fixed wrong result of function "nodata" after server restart
- [ZBX-623] fixed incorrect processing of function abschange() for integers
- [ZBX-619] fixed agent crash for system.uptime under Solaris 2.5.1
- [ZBX-610] fixed memory leak in external checks
- [ZBX-604] fixed compilation problems under AIX 2.5.1
- [ZBX-602] fixed possible incorrect trigger evaluation if value sotred as "delta"
- [ZBX-450] fixed showing status of items in maps for non english locale
- [ZBX-432] set trigger value to unknown if changed item status
- [DEV-198] improved displaying of disabled items in the maps
- [ZBX-430] improved configuration scripts
- [ZBX-103] fixed escaping in sql queries
- [ZBX-424] fixed possible server crash while importing XML
- [ZBX-420] added support of log files in screens
- [ZBX-418] fixed possible server crash while processing macros
- [ZBX-370] fixed cpu.c for system.cpu.load processing
- [ZBX-412] fixed malfunction of triggers based on log and eventlog
- [DEV-195] added support of source ip address
- added Korean locale, thanks to Kodai
- updated Japanese locale thanks to Kodai
See ZABBIX Manual for full details.
See ZABBIX Manual for a detailed upgrade procedure. No upgrade of database schema required for upgrade from earlier 1.4.x.
ZABBIX Server has been tested on the following platforms:
- CentOS Linux 4.4, Intel
- CentOS Linux 5.0, Intel
- FreeBSD 6.2, Intel
- Solaris 10, Intel
- Ubuntu Linux, AMD64, kernel 2.6.11, MySQL 4.x
- Ubuntu Linux, Intel, kernel 2.6.15, MySQL 5.0.22
ZABBIX Agents have been compiled and tested on the following platforms:
- AIX 5.2
- FreeBSD 4.11, 5.4
- HP-UX 11.00
- Linux 2.6.11 (Ubuntu)
- Linux 2.6.15 (Ubuntu)
- Linux CentOS
- NetBSD 2.0
- OS/X 10.2
- Solaris 8
- Solaris 9
- Solaris 10
- Tru64 5.1B
- Windows XP
Note that agents are available pre-compiled from http://www.zabbix.com/download.php for a limited number of versions and platforms.
ZABBIX Company provides a full range of professional services. Please contact our sales department for pricing and more details.