15 July 2016
Zabbix Team is pleased to announce the availability of Zabbix 3.0.4rc1 (Release Candidate).
Zabbix is an enterprise-class open source distributed monitoring solution. Zabbix is released under the GPL, thus it is free of charge for both commercial and non-commercial use. A complete text of the license is available at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.txt.
This document contains the release notes for Zabbix 3.0.4rc1. Download it from http://www.zabbix.com/download.php.
This release fixes known issues of Zabbix 3.0.x. No new functionality is introduced.
This release is not for production use. It is a Release Candidate!
The following sections describe the release in details and provide late-breaking or other information that supplements its main documentation.
- [ZBX-10907] fixed remote command execution via SSH with no Zabbix agent interface
- [ZBX-6370] added ability to monitor SNMP devices returning OIDs in decreasing or mixed order
- [ZBX-10918] fixed severity filter in map.view action
- [ZBX-10840] fixed selecting of group in popup page filter
- [ZBX-10791] fixed web monitoring automatic refresh
- [ZBX-10736] fixed overlapping of row and table borders
- [ZBX-10880] fixed support of sending several Request object at the same time to JSON-RPC
- [ZBX-10895] fixed option URL value in step of web scenario popup; thanks to Fernando Schmitt for patch
- [ZBX-10931] fixed strings being untranslatable in Reports -> Triggers top 100
- [ZBX-10866] fixed calendar time for cases when local time zone differs from servers time zone
- [ZBX-10866] fixed starting value of time selector for events, graphs and screens
- [ZBX-10732] fixed default values for "Show", "Area type" and "Automatic icon selection" options in Map element popup
- [ZBX-10622] fixed handling of socket connection error messages on Windows; thanks to Yuri Volkov for patch
- [ZBX-10828] fixed server/proxy crashes when performing Simple checks with invalid key parameters hidden in user macro
- [ZBX-10789] fixed drawing graphs with items that have scheduling intervals
- [ZBX-10852] fixed agent compilation on AIX 5.2, AIX 5.3
- [ZBX-10457] fixed copying triggers to groups with multiple hosts or templates
- [ZBX-10872] fixed selection of application in application popup
- [ZBX-10848] fixed applications getting unlinked from undiscovered items
- [ZBX-10819] fixed server/proxy compilation error on Solaris 10
- [ZBX-9455] fixed length limit for host prototype name
- [ZBX-10806] fixed whitespace between elements in host, host mass update, host prototype and proxy forms
- [ZBXNEXT-3263] moved image type selection to top in administration->general->images
- [ZBXNEXT-3263] added "No data found." message in administration->general->images
- [ZBX-10731] fixed textarea visibility in monitoring->maps properties
- [ZBX-10723] forced quoting of item key parameter if macro resolution resulted in unquoted parameter with leading spaces
- [ZBX-10825] reverted table header capitalization. fixed calendar header
- [ZBX-8096] allowed "noSuchName" to be returned for SNMPv2 and SNMPv3
- [ZBX-10794] fixed saving of "Show text as HTML" checkbox in Monitoring->Screens
- [ZBX-10504] decreased padding and margins in tables and across the whole UI
- [ZBX-10504] added compression of generated CSS files to reduce size from 99K to around 56K
- [ZBX-10760] fixed agent, get and sender being erroneously linked against UnixODBC
- [ZBX-10647] removed disabled status for "Export to CSV" button
- [ZBX-10679] fixed vertical scrollbar overlapping in messages
- [ZBX-10778] fixed users online status in users.php users table
- [ZBX-10605] fixed access_deny() message layout for not logged in page visitors
- [ZBX-10605] fixed access to popup_media for Zabbix Admin user in profile->media
- [ZBX-10806] fixed whitespace between elements in the IT services form
See Zabbix Manual for full details.
Recompile Zabbix binaries and update front-end PHP files. Execute a database patch if migrating from Zabbix 1.8.x. See Zabbix Manual for a detailed upgrade procedure.
Zabbix Company provides a full range of professional services. We also provide trouble-free upgrade service for easy migration from earlier versions to Zabbix 2.2 LTS, Zabbix 2.4 or Zabbix 3.0 LTS. Please contact Sales for pricing and more details.
- Zabbix Enterprise Support (http://www.zabbix.com/support.php)
- Zabbix Training (http://www.zabbix.com/training.php)
- Zabbix Development Services (http://www.zabbix.com/development_services.php)