No announcement yet.

Dates for Zabbix Conference 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'd suggest concentrating on the initial question - dates - first. i think the original idea was to finalise dates by december 1st, so if no significant clashes are found till then, we could start a new thread after that to discuss location.

i kinda like the idea of lv - somewhere - lv - somewhere cycle, although the complexities scare me a bit
    Zabbix 3.0 Network Monitoring book
    Zabbix tips and inspiration (blog)

Comment

Wasn't Brazil suggested as well? Granted traveling to Brazil may be quite a challenge for most people. Speaking for myself only I think it might be cheaper to get to Riga than Brazil from DC.
      RHCE, author of zbxapi
      Ansible, the missing piece (Zabconf 2017): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5T9NidjjDE
      Zabbix and SNMP on Linux (Zabconf 2015): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98PEHpLFVHM

Comment

Sersor,

You're welcome

I totally agree about local partners help to hold the next ones 'ZABBIX Conferences'. And (to be clear) we are really willing to help in next events ...

Some considerations:
        * About dates: will be necessary adjust dates to better season in each country/continent. I think that winter and autumn are the best ones in any place (we dont have 'extremes' ... heat or cold). But I guess we can think about to have a fixed date (01/12 all years ...).

* About 'how local partners can help': ZABBIX SIA need have a pattern to partners follow. I mean ... ZABBIX SIA need to define how things need be managed/done. In this point our 'pattern' can be the same used in first ZABBIX Conference. ZABBIX SIA can send us a manual or something similar with this definitions.

In this scenario we'd have:

- ZABBIX Conference 2011: Riga - Latvia
        - ZABBIX Conference 2012: DC - USA
        - ZABBIX Conference 2013: Riga - Latvia
        - ZABBIX Conference 2014: Porto Alegre - Brazil
        - ZABBIX Conference 2015: Riga - Latvia
        - ZABBIX Conference 2016: Tokio - Japan
        - ZABBIX Conference 2017: Riga Latvia

Can I buy tickets and book hotels for all these years right now ?

[]s,
        Luciano
        --
        Luciano Alves
        www.unirede.net
        Twitter|Facebook|Blog|Youtube|Zabbix Performance Tuning
        Porto Alegre | São Paulo | Rio de Janeiro | USA

Comment

Originally posted by exkg View Post
          * About dates: will be necessary adjust dates to better season in each country/continent. I think that winter and autumn are the best ones in any place
          this is getting slightly offtopic, but i'd slightly object to winter/autumn being the best. zabbix conference participants actually got incredibly great & warm weather for the time of the year (whether it was caused by global warming or whatever ). at least for this hemisphere, earlier time might be a bit more safe (which is also partially a reason why suggested dates have shifted one week before what the previous event was)
          Zabbix 3.0 Network Monitoring book
          Zabbix tips and inspiration (blog)

Comment

... ops ... I'm talking about spring/autumn not winter/autumn sorry about my mistake.
            --
            Luciano Alves
            www.unirede.net
            Twitter|Facebook|Blog|Youtube|Zabbix Performance Tuning
            Porto Alegre | São Paulo | Rio de Janeiro | USA

Comment

So it seems like today is a last day for discussion about Zabbix Conference 2012 dates. By this moment I didn't see any major conflict with these dates: September 21-22, 2012.

So starting from tomorrow we will have to decide on location.

Comment

Working...
              X