Moderation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Moderation

    Just so you know - it is incredibly annoying and frustrating tyying to get any sort of help on this site when all you posts have to wait to be approved.

    This is a completely OTT and unnecessary system, it doesnt help anyone.

    Please turn this off.

    #2
    Originally posted by Paul M View Post
    Just so you know - it is incredibly annoying and frustrating tyying to get any sort of help on this site when all you posts have to wait to be approved.

    This is a completely OTT and unnecessary system, it doesnt help anyone.

    Please turn this off.
    Hey Paul M,

    Trust me, I see how frustrating this might be (fyi, only the first 3 posts are moderated, not all of them).

    This may feel over the top, but it proved to be a necessity at least for now. We are considering alternatives to make your use of the forum more streamlined and less of a hassle, suggestions are welcome.

    Cheers,

    Alex.S

    Comment


      #3
      A necessity why ?

      I have been involved in many many forum sites over the years and dont know a single one that has such a restrictive system.

      Btw, I'm one of the developers of vBulletin (although I have now left).
      You are running an old version of vB3 (3.8.11 is the latest/last vB3 version).

      Comment


        #4
        Due to spam.

        As for the old version - I am aware of that and there are notions of upgrading and generally improving the forum, but I do not have any estimates on that.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Alex.S View Post
          Due to spam.
          There are plenty or ways to tackle spam, such as using the Q&A system.
          I've never seen anyone need to use such a draconian system as is implemented here.

          Comment


            #6
            This is a temporary solution, I'm sure, until something better gets implemented.

            Comment


              #7
              I have been waiting for the moderator's approval for a week already, apparently no one is doing this at this time ...

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by AbyssMoon View Post
                I have been waiting for the moderator's approval for a week already, apparently no one is doing this at this time ...
                That should not be the case, considering you already have a substantial number of posts and are not under moderation.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Alex.S View Post

                  That should not be the case, considering you already have a substantial number of posts and are not under moderation.
                  this post
                  https://www.zabbix.com/forum/in-russ...B0%D0%BC%D0%B8
                  write 18-12-2018, he still hasn’t been moderated

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by AbyssMoon View Post

                    this post
                    https://www.zabbix.com/forum/in-russ...B0%D0%BC%D0%B8
                    write 18-12-2018, he still hasn’t been moderated
                    This post is not under moderation

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Alex.S View Post

                      This post is not under moderation
                      Then it turns out there is some kind of error on the forum.
                      My topic is not displayed here
                      https://www.zabbix.com/forum/in-russian/

                      The topic has no views, i.e. nobody saw him except me.

                      Comment


                      • Alex.S
                        Alex.S commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Feel free to make a new post in this case.

                    Announcement

                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X