Ad Widget

Collapse

[Zabbkit] Push notifications on your smartphone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Awesome, thank you!
    Is it possible to use a self hosted push server?

    Comment


      #32
      Thank you for this tip.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by maxxer View Post
        Awesome, thank you!
        Is it possible to use a self hosted push server?
        Not yet.
        There're a few issues with this approach:
        1. APNS, GCM & MS servers are used CactusSoft account for pushing notifications. They all have some limitations, terms of use and signed contracts with CactusSoft. We can't allow 3rd party guys to use the servers on behalf of CactusSoft.
        2. Another option is to create your own developer accounts in Apple, Google and MS, pay it annually and publish Zabbkit applications there. It means CactusSoft should pass you source code or some special build for you. The action that we are not ready for.

        So, we don't see a good way out to make it possible now.

        Comment


          #34
          Hello!

          Hows about documentation what you app is expecting push vise... ?

          Would be nice, a push relay is not that big deal (we have a own apns connection running for another project)

          Thanks a lot!

          Comment


            #35
            Zabbkit for Android and multiple server issue

            Hello,

            I am using ZabbKit 1.0.40.1273 on Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android 4.4.2. I've added some Zabbix 2.2.7 Server. After I switched the Server and want to select a Host Group by the icon in the right upper corner, I am getting a "ZabbKit angehalten". By starting the app again, it is also at the first Server in the list again.

            Is this issue known? Is there a workaround or a fix planned?

            Many thanks in advanced.

            Comment


              #36
              I am getting a problem and ok message repeatedly on my phone. This has been occurring for a few days now and will not go away. The server itself is fine, so I think the notifications are stuck in some sort of loop. I have restarted the zabbix server but this did not help.

              Comment


                #37
                I have setup the script and it works from command line. When I use zabbix it doesn't send the push. Is there a log or anything I can look at to figure out why it isn't working?

                Comment


                  #38
                  Problem with notifications

                  Hi, i've a problem in receiving notifications. I've configured zabbix as shown in this forum. When I generate a trigger, on "Monitor -> Events" i see "action" OK with this

                  http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/ima...f1b3e3b25b23e6

                  So it seems to be delivered but on phone i don't received any alert/message.

                  What i'm doing wrong?

                  Thanks
                  Gianluca

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Hi Guys,

                    First of all, thanks a lot for this work.

                    Just wanted to let you know that we have added your script in to our offcial Docker Image of Zabbix Server so everyone can without problem integrate it in their system.

                    Please feel free to use it.

                    Docker Image

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Multiple messages

                      Is it possible to limit the push notifications that we receive regarding a same problem event? Example, if a host's trigger is noticed, the zabbix server will continue to send the same problem alert over and over until the problem is fixed. This adds up a ton of push alerts to the iPhone.

                      BTW: Great app, I love it and its amazing that its free!!

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by redpeppers View Post
                        Is it possible to limit the push notifications that we receive regarding a same problem event? Example, if a host's trigger is noticed, the zabbix server will continue to send the same problem alert over and over until the problem is fixed. This adds up a ton of push alerts to the iPhone.

                        BTW: Great app, I love it and its amazing that its free!!
                        Zabbkit is not designed to limit notifications, like e-mail server is not designed to limit messages in case if you prefer to send e-mails instead pushes. Please, check your zabbix configuration, because we do not face with the issue internally. We receives only one notification when trigger is started to fire and the second one when it stops. And this behavior makes sense because some of the trigger notifications utilize e-mail & SMS channels together with zabbkit pushes.
                        For example, in case of electricity supply issue we send SMS+push to admins & email to boss. And the second notification will be only in case if the power is restored to let everybody know that the issue has fixed.

                        UPD: Our admins advice to uncheck "Multiple PROBLEM events generation" checkbox in trigger details to deal with.

                        Thank you for using Zabbkit!
                        Last edited by yan; 03-12-2015, 11:28.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Multiple Devices

                          What is your recommendation on send push notifications to multiple devices from the same server?

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by redpeppers View Post
                            What is your recommendation on send push notifications to multiple devices from the same server?
                            In our configuration we usually add a few "send push" Operations inside of Action. We do not support multiple addressee for one message, it's always "one message-one addressee-one HTTP request". It prevents spamming .

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by yan View Post
                              Not yet.
                              There're a few issues with this approach:
                              1. APNS, GCM & MS servers are used CactusSoft account for pushing notifications. They all have some limitations, terms of use and signed contracts with CactusSoft. We can't allow 3rd party guys to use the servers on behalf of CactusSoft.
                              2. Another option is to create your own developer accounts in Apple, Google and MS, pay it annually and publish Zabbkit applications there. It means CactusSoft should pass you source code or some special build for you. The action that we are not ready for.

                              So, we don't see a good way out to make it possible now.
                              I think, there could be third option:
                              Would you consider, making API endpoint configurable value? (like, advanced configuration, or something). Then it would be up to the community to do the server part. And run push notification services on their own. No open-sourcing application involved or giving access to third party. Everything, within application, would remain the same, except this hardcoded value. This will make ZabbKit desirable application in corporate environment (as they mostly cannot push their monitoring data outside, to another party).

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Push with latest version (3.0.1) not working

                                I can send push from command line as zabbix user. I then had the output from the script go to a file when zabbix runs the push script. I have a shell defined. It runs. But doesn't pass {Id:'$1', text:'$2', triggerId:'$3'} the variables.

                                So it will not complete. Anyone else having this issue? I can't get jabber or even email to work either. I haven't troubleshooted those yet to figure out why. Everything else seems to work just fine. The EZText works just fine.

                                Any help would be appreciated.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X