Monitoring Test environment and Production via the same Zabbix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitoring Test environment and Production via the same Zabbix

I am trying to set up monitoring of both test environment and production environment on the same Zabbix server.

There are a couple of servers that are used in each environment and I have made templates for them so that I can use the same exact monitoring for both environments.

Now the only problem is that if the production environment have a Distaster or High problem it is a very serious issue however if the same happens in the test environment it would be expected most of the time and I need to differentiate between this.
    For me I believe the optimal way would be to set a cap on the seriousity for a group of servers. So regardless if it is Average, High, Disaster etc it will cap it to Average.
    Would this be possible?

Another approach I have been thinking about is to handle this in the Actions so that even though there is a Disaster in the test environment I will not send any message about it.
    But it is not a 100% good solution because it still makes it very hard to get a good overview in the list of problems when Disasters from test and productions are in the same list.

And I would not really like to have two different lists either since I believe that would be too complicated.

Any ideas on how to handle this production / test issue are welcome.
    Kind regards
    Jens

duplicate yout templates - one for production ( disaster ) and one for test ( high ) and assign the hosts to prod and test host group - that should do for the beginning

later you can play with actions, tags, etc or setup dashboard with problems filtered on tag value, host group, etc..

no easy way around - simple thing create two host groups test and prod

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X