Ad Widget

Collapse

Template for macOS active agent

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • evolvah
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2020
    • 1

    #1

    Template for macOS active agent

    Folks,

    I searched the forum and other online sources but could not find an answer to the following simple question. Is there an official or third-party template for active agent on macOS. I have several build servers running Catalina and they are behind NAT if you look from Zabbix server. Doing port-forwarding is not an available option for non-technical reasons. That is why I run Zabbix Agent in active mode. However, once the host is autodiscovered, I don't see a way to assign it an active agent template for macOS because I cannot find one...

    Any suggestions on where to look for an active agent template for macOS?


    Thank you!
  • aleggo
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2020
    • 4

    #2
    You can convert the existing mac template to active by doing a mass update of the agent type. From Zabbix Agent to Zabbix Agent (Active).

    Comment

    • NigelHorne
      Junior Member
      • Aug 2020
      • 3

      #3
      I hate to say "me too", but I have the same problem. And I'm new to all this, so aleggo, would you please describe how to do it?

      Comment

      • Lenore
        Junior Member
        • Aug 2021
        • 1

        #4
        What's up! Has anyone had any success in modifying and creating a custom user template in Catalina? I'm assuming the same would be for Big Sur since Apple moved the location of this folder to /Library/User Template. I would love to be able to create some kind of package installer to modify this folder so that when a user logs in, they have everything they need at first login. Finder, Dock and company docs. Would be interested in knowing what everyone else is doing for a custom setup like this. Thank in advance!

        greatpeople

        Comment

        • skotty
          Junior Member
          • Oct 2023
          • 9

          #5
          I don't know if you have been able to solve this or not but this is how I did it.
          I'm no big Mac-fan so I don't even know what version of OSX I'm running here :P.

          I'm running Zabbix 6.4 on Ubuntu Server 22.04.

          Go to "Data collection" -> "Templates" -> "macOS by Zabbix agent".


          Click on "Full clone".


          Rename your clone to eg "macOS by Zabbix agent active" and then click "Add".​


          Then open the new template named "macOS by Zabbix agent active" or whatever you named it.

          When you have opened it go to "Items".

          Select all items!!!
          ​
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	411
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	476307

          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	371
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	476308​

          ​

          Comment

          Working...