Template NetApp cDot > 8.3.x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Template NetApp cDot > 8.3.x

My minimal template for NetApp cDot OS. The 7-mode one is not working anymore.
    Tested it with FAS8020AFF.

The Value Mappings are inside the zip Archive. please let me know if you miss something.

Share Zabbix
    Last edited by michael.weber; 12-12-2016, 09:36.

Thanks for this! I was starting to gather information to do it myself.

Having a problem with trigger names, alert message shows up like this:

"Free Size on {ITEM.NAME} less than 20%"

And per documentation: https://www.zabbix.com/documentation...iggers/trigger

The {ITEM.NAME} macro cannot be useed in Trigger name field. Is it ok for you ?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by hsoares View Post
      Thanks for this! I was starting to gather information to do it myself.

Having a problem with trigger names, alert message shows up like this:

"Free Size on {ITEM.NAME} less than 20%"

And per documentation: https://www.zabbix.com/documentation...iggers/trigger

The {ITEM.NAME} macro cannot be useed in Trigger name field. Is it ok for you ?

Thanks.
      Yes I have the same problem

Comment

you are complete right!
        i checked the trigger names and (hopefully) fixed them.
        new Version uploaded to Share Zabbix

if you have some oids to check the Snapvault/Snapmirror Status or IOPs please let me know. i am not able to find them in the NetApp mib -.-

Comment

Additional Update:
          - switched OIDs dfKBytesTotal & dfKBytesUsed to df64TotalKBytes & df64UsedKBytes

Comment

Its working now. Ill dig a bit on the oids and see what can be done. Thanks again.

Comment

Tested with a FAS2220 and it works great!
              Looking forward to updates of the template making it even better.

Does anybody know how to upgrade/update templates in-place? I couldn't find any instructions on that. (So really a replacement, without losing data.)

Comment

Network stats

Oh, one last question:
                Will network stats be included in this template, or should I use a generic SNMP Network template for that?

Comment

Atm network stats are not included. The template just verify if the lif (logical interface) is on his home port +node and will pop up a warning.
                  I am not sure if the default snmp interface template will work. Give it a try
                  Otherwise there are oids for in the Netapp mib.
                  The mib can be downloaded on the fas system. Just google for Netapp cdot mib.
                  Feel free to add the required items and provide the template.
                  Otherwise I hope to have some network stats at the end of next week.

Comment

values.xml

Hi
                    I have just started useing this one for my FAS 2520 system and Zabbix 3.2.
                    It works very good

I just wonder what should I do with the values.xml file, should I import it aswell when Imported the template xml file if so where should I import it ?

And one last question does the regular Zabbix SNMP Interface works fine with Netapp aswell?

Thanks alot and have a Merry Xmas

Comment

Volume capacity doesn't recognize LUN or NFS/CIFS

Hi, many thanks for your great template. One thing is missing to be perfect. When discovery checks the volume, it doesn't know if volume is LUN or NFS/CIFS. It is important because LUN can be 100% full and it is ok, but NFS/CIFS can't be and the 20% and 10% triggers works well. I can solve it with acknowledgement of cause, but to be hardcoded in template will be much better. Also missing some dependencies of triggers, for example when 10% of free space is triggered, it is not neccessary to trigger 20% free space.
                      Last edited by kait; 10-02-2017, 10:50.

Comment

aggregate free is really aggregate used

Got it working on 3.0.1 with CDOT 9.0p1.
                        Had to delete unused trigger config tags from the xml. (correlation, tags, recovery) as those arent in 3.0.1

Works against my FAS2552.

However, the Aggregate free % items is really Aggregate Used Percentage. Need to fix description and change triggers to look for high values, not low ones.

And while the SNMP generic template works, then SNMP Interfaces does not.

Comment

Are physical disks discoverable via SNMP?

There's an alert for prefailed disks but I want to be able to know which one.

Comment

Originally posted by kait View Post
                            Hi, many thanks for your great template. One thing is missing to be perfect. When discovery checks the volume, it doesn't know if volume is LUN or NFS/CIFS. It is important because LUN can be 100% full and it is ok, but NFS/CIFS can't be and the 20% and 10% triggers works well. I can solve it with acknowledgement of cause, but to be hardcoded in template will be much better. Also missing some dependencies of triggers, for example when 10% of free space is triggered, it is not neccessary to trigger 20% free space.
                            at the Moment if dont have much spare time. i will note it and perhaps i can add it to a "new" Version. i am still missing some snapvault/snapmirror related tuff in the current NetApp mibs in cot 9.x. already talked to theit Support.

Originally posted by onallion View Post
                            Are physical disks discoverable via SNMP?

There's an alert for prefailed disks but I want to be able to know which one.
                            physical disks are discovered and i think it should be possible to find the broken one with the NetApp 7Mode template. in the cdot the dicovery rule is missing. i am not sure if the whole oid is missing or i did not add the rule.

Comment

As far as I remember nothing in the 7mode template worked for me, but I will check it again

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X