Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Template Gallery

All,

I've starting preparing for Zabbix 1.4 by testing 1.3.6 in my lab. I'm very impressed with the template export/import features. This will greatly benefit the richness of the Zabbix user community.

Here is a template export of what I use to monitor a Cisco PIX. Does anyone else have templates to share?

--
    Claytronic
    Attached Files

Many thanks!

I created a special section in ZABBIX Wiki for XML templates:

http://www.zabbix.com/wiki/doku.php?...trib:templates

Feel free to contribute! Your templates will have a great chance to be included into official ZABBIX distribution.

Thanks for your work.
    Alexei Vladishev
    Creator of Zabbix, Product manager
    New York | Tokyo | Riga
    My Twitter

Comment

Template galery is really great thing!!
      Thanx to all!

But it would be very nice in future, to have some scripts which will prepare xml data for zabbix dynamicaly, not staticaly.

I mean, that snmpwalk host | somemagiccommand > template.xml would be good idea

or

cat nagios.conf | somemagiccommand2 >hosts.xml is next idea ..

Maybe better than use pure commands like snmpwalk could be using configs from nagios, mrtg or cacti which have better discovery now ...

Comment

Originally posted by Alexei
        Many thanks!

I created a special section in ZABBIX Wiki for XML templates:

http://www.zabbix.com/wiki/doku.php?...trib:templates

Feel free to contribute! Your templates will have a great chance to be included into official ZABBIX distribution.

Thanks for your work.
        This is a great resource thanks.

Comment

FYI

I've posted a new export on the Zabbix Wiki templates page. It is for monitoring the temperature of Dell servers running OpenManage and the Windows SNMP service. This is especially handy for administrators that have machines mounted in the top portion of colo cages. Some of our machines are 25 C warmer than our average just because of where they are located in the datacenter. It's also interesting to watch corporate hardware get warmer over the weekend when the building is running on limited climate control.

I'm currently monitoring temperature mostly on Dell PowerEdge 1850, 1950, and 2950 hardware.

Main board temperature
          OID = .1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.1.700.20.1.6.1.1

Backplain temperature
          OID = .1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.1.700.20.1.6.1.5

Note that the return values need a 0.1 multiplier.

Comment

Dont uderstand as get template from gallery. Please help in it!

Comment

Originally posted by Coder
              Dont uderstand as get template from gallery. Please help in it!
              Hi Coder,

What specifically about the template do you need help with?

--
              Claytronic

Comment

i can only view and edit messages in template gallery, but dont undestand as get template? for example cisco pix

Comment

There is a link next to the description to donwload the template (up to a few hours ago it wasn't visible you had to hover your mouse over to see that there was a link - I added some text to the link so it was more visible).

To use the template, downlad the xml to your computer (the one you use for your broswer - not necessarily the server) and use the import/export option to import the template file.

Also, I added a template for monitoring an APC battery backup unit.

Scott

Comment

claytronic,

Are you monitoring anything else in open manage? I have had a task in my todo list for a couple of months to go through and get a bunch of the open manage stats into zabbix, if you have any already defined that would be a huge help. If not I will work on this in the next week or two and post my templates when ready.

Scott

Comment

Thank you for more visible links :-).

Unfortunately now use zabbix 1.1.6 which dont support xml export. Will try migration to 1.4.1

Comment

I added a template for Dell OpenManage status. It will get the status of all the main components in the chassis including the disk subsystem. These are equivalent to the green (hopefully they are green!) check marks next to the components when you log into Server Administrator.

Scott

Comment

Heads up. I just posted a template in the Wiki for monitoring APC Smart UPS. It uses the apcupsd daemon as well as a script originally written for Nagios that I've modified for Zabbix use.

Anyone else trying or already monitoring their UPS with Zabbix?

--
                          Claytronic

Comment

snmpwalk

Originally posted by limo
                            Template galery is really great thing!!
                            Thanx to all!

But it would be very nice in future, to have some scripts which will prepare xml data for zabbix dynamicaly, not staticaly.

I mean, that snmpwalk host | somemagiccommand > template.xml would be good idea

or

cat nagios.conf | somemagiccommand2 >hosts.xml is next idea ..

Maybe better than use pure commands like snmpwalk could be using configs from nagios, mrtg or cacti which have better discovery now ...
                            Have you found a way to do this yet?
                            I have a lot of data that needs to go into my zabbix install and to do it manually is going to take days.

Mozzi

Comment

Zabbix config builder?

I'll be needing this also... the 3000+ hosts I've got will take a little more than just days of pointing/clicking to get running

I've written a complete config builder for Nagios that should really be 90+% of the work towards generating importable Zabbix configs. All that needs to be done is modify the output stanza to change from nagios syntax to wrap with appropriately-formatted Zabbix XML tags. Maybe add in custom-modified graphs for the host based on a template membership, etc.... I love this stuff!

I'll have to get familiar with the available options and such, but if anyone else wants to take a gander at this first, feel free to hack away at this:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Config...91;p_view]=813

If no one beats me to completing this, I'll post this to the wiki after it's done enough to make me happy!

Cheers,

/eli

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X