Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade Zabbix with MySQL database on another server

Hi,

I've installed the Zabbix frontend (5.0 alpha x) on a server a few weeks ago, and the zabbix database on another specific mysql server. Both are Debian servers running smooth.

I've just updated the frontend with the latest alpha version, but the database hasn't been updated on the MySQL server.
    So I have an error on the frontend about the database version needed.

"The frontend does not match Zabbix database. Current database version (mandatory/optional): 4050035/4050035. Required mandatory version: 4050059. Contact your system administrator."

What's the best way to update such an installation? Is there a SQL script to run on the MySQL server like I did during the first installation?

Thanks for the help.

St├ęphane

Upgrading the database is performed automatically when you start Zabbix server. Start Zabbix server and finish the database upgrade process, then try to connect from the front end.

Comment

Hi,

After a few search, I just noticed that the zabbix_server.conf file was replaced by the one in the update package. Don't know why (maybe it's me during the update process), but the server failed to restart then.

I just recreated a new conf file and restarted the server. The database was then updated.

Lesson 1 : Make a backup file of your conf file

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X