Collapse

Smokeping replacement?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOhhh I didn't think such easy solution!
    Set the timeout about 15-20 second it will be good idea.

Smoke ping is not for checking if there is connection or not, so 10 minutes should be enough. If you like, you can change the interval of item Inicjator.

Observe the item: Zabbix busy poller processes, in % you will see if your script kills zabbix.

Comment

{Template Test Smokeping:SmokLoos.count(#6,75,"qe")}>5

It gives me no triggers. Why?

the host is off, so I see only smokeLoos 100, so it should be true after 5 pings. But is is no, I get no triggers...

Comment

Smok or Smoke

It should work if there is no type mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by mbsit View Post
          Smok or Smoke

It should work if there is no type mismatch.
          It is 'SmokLoos' like you named it by default in template
          Latest Data is ok, graphs are ok, shows 100% of loss, but trigger doesn't work

Comment

hey
            Code:
            [[email protected] externalscripts]# ./zbxsmokeping 127.0.0.1 6 1000 68 127.0.0.1
            info from server: "Processed 0 Failed 1 Total 1 Seconds spent 0.000110"
            info from server: "Processed 0 Failed 1 Total 1 Seconds spent 0.000106"
            info from server: "Processed 0 Failed 1 Total 1 Seconds spent 0.000100"
            any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by fixx View Post
              hey
              Code:
              [[email protected] externalscripts]# ./zbxsmokeping 127.0.0.1 6 1000 68 127.0.0.1
              info from server: "Processed 0 Failed 1 Total 1 Seconds spent 0.000110"
              info from server: "Processed 0 Failed 1 Total 1 Seconds spent 0.000106"
              info from server: "Processed 0 Failed 1 Total 1 Seconds spent 0.000100"
              any ideas?
              I'm getting the same issue - anyone able to help?

Thanks!

Comment

fping

Hmmm.. This message comes from fping but in the script the '-q' flag is set (which means quiet).
                Can you check your script if '-q' is really set in the fping part?

Comment

Sorry I was wrong, this message comes from zabbix.
                  Maybe the timeout value is too low because the zbxsmokeping needs some time to run and when the runtime is lower than timeout value you will get error messages.

Try to increase the timeout value...
                  I have mine set to Timeout=30.

Comment

Originally posted by ApolloDS View Post
                    Sorry I was wrong, this message comes from zabbix.
                    Maybe the timeout value is too low because the zbxsmokeping needs some time to run and when the runtime is lower than timeout value you will get error messages.

Try to increase the timeout value...
                    I have mine set to Timeout=30.
                    Thanks Apollo,

I ramped it up to 30, and it worked briefly, returning 1, then it went back to:

[email protected]:/usr/lib/zabbix/externalscripts# ./zbxsmokeping 127.0.0.1 6 1000 68 localhost
                    info from server: "Processed 0 Failed 1 Total 1 Seconds spent 0.000044"
                    info from server: "Processed 0 Failed 1 Total 1 Seconds spent 0.000041"
                    info from server: "Processed 0 Failed 1 Total 1 Seconds spent 0.000050"
                    info from server: "Processed 0 Failed 1 Total 1 Seconds spent 0.000051"

Comment

I can replicate it. For 15 seconds after the Zabbix service restarts, the command works - then it fails.

Comment

did anyone resolve this?

Getting the same response when running zbxsmokeping from the command line

[email protected]:/usr/lib/zabbix/externalscripts# ./zbxsmokeping 127.0.0.1 6 1000 68 127.0.0.1
                        info from server: "Processed 0 Failed 1 Total 1 Seconds spent 0.000027"
                        info from server: "Processed 0 Failed 1 Total 1 Seconds spent 0.000027"
                        info from server: "Processed 0 Failed 1 Total 1 Seconds spent 0.000024"
                        info from server: "Processed 0 Failed 1 Total 1 Seconds spent 0.000025"

Comment

I managed to get it working, and have it running live under Ubuntu 12.04.

I've attached the template and script i'm using. Let me know if it helps.

zbxsmokeprimary should have no file extension, however, an extension is required to upload
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! I think I've got it working!

The step I was actually missing when running the script and I was getting the "Failed 1" lines is that I was calling the tool wrong.

I didn't realize that I had to attach the template to the host I was using to test, and that I had to use the host's name in zabbix as the last argument of the zbxsmokeping call.

i.e.:

./zbxsmokepingprimary <host ip> 6 1000 68 <name of host in zabbix>

Comment

Great

You'll have noticed I've put 'primary' on the end, as I've duplicated the script (replacing occurrences of primary with secondary) to monitor multiple connections.

I'd be interested if anyone can advise how to put the IP address on the graph for easy identification.

Comment

Hmm, seems like this is working intermittently for me. Seems like maybe this is working for zabbix hosts with no spaces in their names but maybe not working for zabbix hosts with spaces?

adg - on your IP address on graph issue. It seems like if you're running Zabbix pre-2.2.2rc1 or newer you can use macros (like {HOST.IP}) in graph names...which I think would get you what you want? I'm running an older version and can't test this.

https://support.zabbix.com/browse/ZBX-7590

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X