Monitor about a 1000 URLs on dozens of hosts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitor about a 1000 URLs on dozens of hosts

We have dozens of web servers & databases running close to 1000 customer websites ranging from simple html sites to very complex web applications with multiple service and database dependencies.
    This is hosted in a mixed virtualized ( VMWare ) / bare metal ( hardware ) environment across two datacenters.
    The servers are everything from Windows 2003, 2008 machines running IIS6 & IIS7 or SQL to RHEL machines running Apache or MySQL.

We currently use Zabbix as our primary monitoring solution across the board.

I maintain a flat database of all of our URLs & mappings and am in the process of automating our deployment and configuration protocols. So this database can be updated dynamically as server changes are made.

However with this number of sites ( and growing ) I am finding that Web scenarios is just not a cost or time efficient method to measure the metrics and QoS that I need. It is too cumbersome, tedious and not very intuitive are easy to automate.
    ( disclaimer: I have not been using Zabbix very long. )

At bare minimum we need to monitor:
    URL status
    URL uptime
    URL response time
    Web Host status
    VM Host status

Is there ANY sane and intelligent method to monitor this number of URLs ( not JUST the hosts they live on ).
    Some sort of plugin to import the URLs and associated hosts names or something?

sorry but i dont understand you question..
    Debian-User

Sorry for my bad english

Comment

sorry.
      let me make it simpler:

is there any easy or quick way of setting up zabbix to monitor the status of multiple URLs aside from setting up a web scenario manually for each one.
      like a script or import feature somehow?

Comment

i think the API is the best way to do this..
        https://www.zabbix.com/documentation...pendix/api/api
        Debian-User

Sorry for my bad english

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X