Low Disk Space trigger - populating a useful Action message

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Disk Space trigger - populating a useful Action message

I've been trying to populate a useful message that will get sent out when a low Disk Space trigger happens. (The trigger is working fine.)

I've got some macros (see below) that seem to correctly extract the disk space number that I'm looking for, but when reporting those numbers is there a way to convert them to something more manageable, e.g. 10.5GB instead of 10500000000?

Primarily, I'd like to report the amount of free space that was last found on the disk. I thought that I this was working at one point, but in my recent tests it is simply returning "*UNKNOWN*":
    Code:
    {Template_1:vfs.fs.size[/,free].last()}
    (That macro is what I'm using in the Trigger itself.)

This macro seems to do the trick, but it's not obvious that this is what I should use:
    Code:
    {ITEM.VALUE1}
    Here's another macro that seems to work, that I found...somewhere (sorry to whoever came up with this):
    Code:
    {{HOSTNAME}:{TRIGGER.KEY}.last(0)}
    The same question applies to the Recovery message. Are the two working macros noted above the best way to report what the NEW free disk space is? I.e. what is the current value that allowed the trigger to 'recover'?

Is there another/better macro that should be used for this? Or are these the only ones that work?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X