Ad Widget

Collapse

What is user-account that Zabbix Agent runs under in Windows?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is user-account that Zabbix Agent runs under in Windows?

I have a working Zabbix Agent installation on a Windows server. But what user account does it run under? I am trying to configure Log file monitoring, but I'm getting an error that the user doesn't have access to the file. I need to know what user-account to provide Permissions to on this Log folder or file.

Hello J_Adatasol

SYSTEM User

Comment

Thanks, Sancho. I checked my file and it does have 'System' with Full access. Then...I realized that there was another error in the Zabbix Agent log file, right above this line about not being able to access the file: ...fourth parameter not valid.

This is the MaxLines parameter. It doesn't say in the documentation (that I could find) that it was a required parameter - and most of the examples don't define it. But I put in a "20" for that parameter, and things appear to have started working.

But...a very strange result happened on the first run of this Item - I got Log results in my 'History' from way back in 2018/5/18...when, as far as I can tell, the 1 log file that I specified on this Server 'Item', on this system only go back as far as 2018/12/18. I also received WAY more than 20 lines in the first go around - it looks like a couple hundred lines. But, regardless of the number of lines, where is it finding these lines? My log file doesn't contain them.

Comment

Doh! That's MaxLines PER SECOND. And there's a description about processing up to 10* the MaxLines setting. But...I still have no clue where it found these entries that go back to 5/18. When I look in these log files (there's the 1 file I specified, and an older rotation log file - I am using Logrt[]), the oldest entry is 8/15.

Comment

Doh!2 Nevermind - I noticed that these entries were coming from a different server. And the logs from that server DO go back that far.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X