Trigger for constant increasing value

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger for constant increasing value

I'm trying to create a trigger if messages_ready for a RabbitMQ queue are constantly increasing, or not decreasing. Can be over time or #x values. I looked at delta function, but that's simply (max - min) over a time period or x values, so would always return >=0. I looked at change function, which seems what I really want since it records both + and - change, but unfortunately Zabbix only records the last change - that function doesn't support parameters. Lastly, I tried preprocessing with Simple change, however as their documentation states, "If the current value is smaller than the previous value, Zabbix discards that difference (stores nothing) and waits for another value." This one boggles my mind, because what's the point of calculating the change if you're only gonna store the + ones??

Please let me know if I'm missing something, or if there's an easier way to do this. At this point, I feel like I need to write a custom script that calculates the change, so I can actually store the values in Zabbix (hopefully).

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X