Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

applying template to all windows hosts

hey all

i have created a new template to monitor an application. currently the template contains only 1 item - windows service, and 1 trigger to alert when the service is not running.
    in the template conflagration i have set the template to "windows computers" group which is a hosts groups that contains around 50 windows computer
    all the computers in the group are working fine and i can see data that is being collected from them, but i cannot see the data from the item i have created in this new template.

if i am adding hosts manually to the template i can see data from this hosts, but i don't want to manage it manually i want that template to be link to each host in the windows computers group (and additional host that will be in this group in the future)

what i am missing and how can i debug this ?

Thanks

You can batch add to the hosts manually, but IIRC the linked template setup only adds it to new servers getting the main template. That way it doesn't mess with other settings already added.

Comment

OK , i found this article , it might help other people in the future http://www.zabbixbook.com/2016/09/22...hing-happened/

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X