Q on syncing and manage templates, actions, media types, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q on syncing and manage templates, actions, media types, etc

Hello all, I'm looking for some recommendations people have on how to sync and manage all their Zabbix servers and/or proxies templates, actions, Zabbix config, etc that are done in the GUI or API, as well as Linux /etc/ config files.

I've found the XML import and export to cause conflicts and can't update templates consistently leaving different servers with different templated items. Sometimes, for example, I can't 1) make changes to the template on server A then, 2) import that template to server B because it errors about duplicate items or some things in the template or hosts that are incompatible. A similar issue can occur with macros and their names sometimes some of my templates use macros from the host. I've had a similar issue with all the Linux os side configs for PHP, zabbix, apache/nginx, MariaDB, etc.

Does anyone have any tips or recommendations? I've seen salt formulas out there, as well as some clips. I know there is talk of Zabbix moving to a yml format and I really hope that happens. What I'd like to have is a git repo containing all my config for actions, templates, media types, etc. Then be able to update that repo, have iNotify or cron sync on changes or when a PR gets merged. using automation and custom scripting to keep them all synchronized somewhat works, but it also creates lots of other stuff I have to maintain, in order to actually maintain the servers, agents and proxies.

Two of the things I love about git and ansible is it gives me easy to review versioning and change management as well as idempotency
    Similarily does anyone have any recommendations on keeping these configs consistent with an HA implementation? do you have a hot config and spare config?

I'm just looking for any recommendations anyone has. I've read about some but haven't seen any big winners. Salt Some servers have to be isolated environments for compliance and/or security reasons so proxies don't solve everything.

Thanks in advance

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X