Windows CPU load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows CPU load

What does it mean cpu load in zabbix for the windows world?
    For linux it is quite well documented and there i no doubt.
    Thanks in advance for any help

Hi,

I think the following shows more readable values, then the built-in item:
    perf_counter[\Processor(_Total)\% Idle Time]
    or
    perf_counter[\238(_Total)\1746]

Comment

Windows CPU load

The formula you shared seems more a cpu usage than cpu load
      What I like i cpu load is that it tells you the size of the cpu queue size. 1 cpu and 1 queue size is ok and it should be around 100% of cpu usage.

If more than 1 queue size in constantly than the machine should be upgraded

This is true in Linux.

What does it mean cpu load in windows. Is the agent emulating this value?

Comment

For the Windows platform,
        it is thought that it is obtained from the performance counter.

\System\Processor Queue Length
        https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../cc940375.aspx

source code : src/zabbix_agent/cpustat.c

Comment

Windows CPU load

Thanks for your reply!

In cpu load for a windows server I can see values between 0.2 to 1.1. But when I login in the same windows server and see the queue length I can see values between 90 and 0.

Is zabbix processing this value?

Comment

How do you specify the key for the item?
            If mode is not specified, the average value in 1 minute is acquired.

Comment

Originally posted by icol View Post
              The formula you shared seems more a cpu usage than cpu load
              What I like i cpu load is that it tells you the size of the cpu queue size. 1 cpu and 1 queue size is ok and it should be around 100% of cpu usage.

If more than 1 queue size in constantly than the machine should be upgraded
              i always tought the cpu queue size is dependent on how many cores a cpu has:

"For busy systems (those having processor utilization in the 80 to 90 percent range) that use thread scheduling, the queue length should range from one to three threads per processor. For example, on a four-processor system, the expected range of processor queue length on a system with high CPU activity is 4 to 12."
              Source: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../cc940375.aspx

Comment

Windows CPU load

WillemR: I think you have misquote me. The example is for 1 cpu sytem and Linux. On windows I don't have any clue how it works that's why I opened this thread

Atsushi: I have both 1,5 and 15 but I am using the 1 min average. When I use the performance monitor and monitor the processor queue length perf counter I can see values from 0 to 70 ( now I can see from 0 to 40). The average field is showing a value around 6. I have four cpus (virtual cpus). Why do I see values around 0.02 and 0.10 in zabbix? I find it quite strange.

Thank you for your participation!

Comment

I've never seen cpu queue lengths in perf mon up to 40 and/or 70. Are you sure you are using the right x/y axis ? they can be 'iffy' in perfmon.
                  Try to delete all values and begin anew. + you aren't mixing the queue length with CPU utilization?

Comment

Windows CPU load

A screenshot is attached.

An error in my previous post. The average is not 6 but around 1.390 as you can see in the picture.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X