I'm brand new to Zabbix and a bit overwhelmed with all the options.
We have a bunch of virtual servers and Citrix VDI running on VMs in VMware. I tried the VMWare VM discovery and it found all the VMs we have running.
Perhaps it's my lack of Zabbix knowledge but I can't seem to group or limit Dashboard reports to specific servers. For instance I want to create a widget that just reports on our VDAs that are in a powered off state.
My VDAs are in two groups. One group has all the VMs although it is a weirdly named (not the vSphere folder name). The other group has our Production and Development VDA's but also all the Citrix servers, they are in the same folder on vSphere.
I can't seem to isolate specific hosts for reports.
Would I be better off creating the groups I want and manually adding the VMs to the groups? Is there a way to group the discovered VMs in Zabbix that I haven't found? I can create a new folder for the Citrix Servers but I'd prefer to massage the setup/layout on the reporting side.
Thanks
We have a bunch of virtual servers and Citrix VDI running on VMs in VMware. I tried the VMWare VM discovery and it found all the VMs we have running.
Perhaps it's my lack of Zabbix knowledge but I can't seem to group or limit Dashboard reports to specific servers. For instance I want to create a widget that just reports on our VDAs that are in a powered off state.
My VDAs are in two groups. One group has all the VMs although it is a weirdly named (not the vSphere folder name). The other group has our Production and Development VDA's but also all the Citrix servers, they are in the same folder on vSphere.
I can't seem to isolate specific hosts for reports.
Would I be better off creating the groups I want and manually adding the VMs to the groups? Is there a way to group the discovered VMs in Zabbix that I haven't found? I can create a new folder for the Citrix Servers but I'd prefer to massage the setup/layout on the reporting side.
Thanks