Hello,
I have implemented Zabbix 7.4 in my Home-Network and set it up.
To get alerts by email, I have selected the desired triggers and added the tag "SendMail" = "true" to them:

I defined the condition in the Action accordingly:

This is working fine, but I get too many emails during everyday use.
I would like to receive only some alerts when I am "away".
Therefore I thought about introducing an "AwayMode" tag, which I would add only to selected triggers, that already have the "SendMail" Tag:

I would NOT touch the other Triggers and set "AwayMode" = "false".
Ideally, I would like to have a single global switch that changes the notification behavior without having to modify individual triggers.
Conceptually/Programmatically, I would want to achieve something like this:
What would be the recommended way to implement this in Zabbix?
Thank you!
I have implemented Zabbix 7.4 in my Home-Network and set it up.
To get alerts by email, I have selected the desired triggers and added the tag "SendMail" = "true" to them:
I defined the condition in the Action accordingly:
This is working fine, but I get too many emails during everyday use.
I would like to receive only some alerts when I am "away".
Therefore I thought about introducing an "AwayMode" tag, which I would add only to selected triggers, that already have the "SendMail" Tag:
I would NOT touch the other Triggers and set "AwayMode" = "false".
Ideally, I would like to have a single global switch that changes the notification behavior without having to modify individual triggers.
Conceptually/Programmatically, I would want to achieve something like this:
Code:
if (Global "AwayMode" -eq "true")
{
if ($SendMail -eq "true" and $AwayMode -eq "true") {
Send E-Mail Alert
}
}
else
{
if ($SendMail -eq "true") {
Send E-Mail Alert
}
}
Thank you!